Save the Children - USA
Save the Children is seeking Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEAL) candidates for several upcoming opportunities to lead and manage all aspects of health/nutrition programming within Ethiopia. This senior leadership position will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation and overall quality assurance of the project.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will develop, implement, and continuously improve monitoring and evaluation systems for all project activities. The Advisor will incorporate best practices to ensure information collected is accurate, timely and disseminated appropriately in high quality reports. The M&E Advisor will use these findings to improve the program and achieve the objectives. This person will also be actively involved in promoting learning through documentation of lessons learned and developing approaches for community analysis and using data for making decisions. The position reports directly to the Chief of Party (COP) and will be a member of the Senior Management Team.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring to develop M&E Plans, M&E tools, survey design, methodology, and data analysis to assess program impact;
- Develop systems for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impact;
- Design methodology and coordinate research activities for project operations and assessments;
- Effectively rollout M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed;
- Capture appropriate cost and financial information to track money indicators, including benchmarking information to analyze program effectiveness and cost effective inputs;
- Ensure programming is aligned to targets and indicators contained in project proposal, and use the information from the M&E systems and tools to improve the program effectiveness;
- Support all project reviews and evaluation activities, including coordinating mid-term and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews;
- Provide on-going support to maintain M&E systems; identify skill gaps and build capacity among project team;
- Serve as a key expert and primary contact for M&E strategies and implementation for this program.
- Provide advice, guidance, and coordination to Save the Children, the Ministry of Education, and other collaborating organizations in the implementation and strengthening of M&E systems for the education program activities supported by USAID.
- Prepare high quality, accurate and timely reports for Save the Children, project partners and donors as required;
- Represent the project with USAID, the Ethiopian government, donors, and partners;
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics or related field is required;
- Advanced training in quantitative methodologies, including database management; experience in qualitative research techniques a plus;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation related to USAID education projects;
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of monitoring, evaluation and assessment tools to promote evidence-based learning;
- Ability to analyze complex data and summarize it for a range of audiences;
- Ability to gain support from staff across teams and to build the capacity of others;
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Why you should join the Save the Children Team
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
*Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.*
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.