The USAID/Liberia Civil Society activity aims to strengthen Liberian Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to more effectively engage their constituents (citizens), contribute to decision-making processes, and oversee government actions. The purpose of this activity is to: strengthen Liberians’ ability to advocate for policy reforms, policy implementation, and service delivery through multi-stakeholder coalitions that build feedback loops among government, CSOs, and citizens.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer will be responsible for implementation of all M&E and learning activities, including data collection, monitoring, and reporting, and providing cross-cutting support as needed.
- Support the execution of the M&E strategy and activities, ensuring interventions are rooted in local context and serve as learning platforms for future interventions.
- Work closely with MEL Director to ensure the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as active collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts.
- Oversee MEL activities, provide technical direction and support to the design process and ensure results for contract activities.
- Support DAI’s adaptive systems approach and facilitate reviews of whether initiatives, once launched, are achieving expected results.
- Lead data collection and analysis of project results and indicators and assemble data required on a recurrent basis to track program performance.
- Verify data, conduct audits of collection procedures and perform data checks.
- Support M&E training of staff and assist in cultivating a culture of learning.
- Ensure office cooperation with internal/external data quality assessments and that activity information is shared in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: MEL Director
- Bachelor’s level degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, or other relevant field is required.
- At least six (6) years of working experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning. Previous USAID experience in MEL preferred.
- Strong data collection and analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Previous work experience in Liberia/West Africa preferred.
How to apply
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application via this link https://fs23.formsite.com/OLJTgx/xjbmlrq0go/index.html .
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.