Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country.
- Experience 6 – 7 years
- Location Lagos
Under the supervision of the Director, Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation, The M&E Manager will be responsible for development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks, and tools that will ensure accurate and timely information and feedback to stakeholders, and for planning and conducting of data quality assurance and monitoring activities and reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Director, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning with development of the M&E Plan for the project, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Lead role in overseeing data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy.
- Lead efforts in reviewing existing evaluation approach and to promote more rigorous and impact-oriented evaluation design.
- Offer leadership and technical support to the State M&E in the implementation of their monitoring responsibilities to ensure correct and timely collection of monitoring data.
- Provide capacity building to the M&E team and other staff including through training, mentorship, coaching and sharing of information: stay alert of the latest best practices in M&E to ensure up-to-date service delivery by the HALG M&E Team.
- Promote HALG’s relationships with key counterparts at National level, especially from the National Action Committee on AIDS (NACA) and of the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCP), to facilitate synergies and guarantee harmony between HALG and GON M&E activities.
- Lead and conduct analysis of quantitative data as well as qualitative data on all program inputs, outputs and outcomes.
- Support the Director, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning to respond to Senior Management or donor data queries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare periodic internal and/or donor reports by providing Monitoring and Evaluation data and content, ensuring that results are aligned to indicators outlined in results matrices and that reports are results based to improve quality of reporting.
- Lead the process of designing, piloting, and validating quantitative and qualitative evaluation tools.
- Conduct periodic site visits to project sites, to ascertain and promote adherence to agreed standards and timelines of implementation, create greater awareness of reporting.
- Work confidently and productively on own initiative and manage a diverse and demanding workload to set timescales and deadlines.
- Identify gaps within the project and implement quality improvement plans to address identified gaps.
- Supervise & support data capturers through motivation, direction, review, and feedback of assigned tasks.
- Ensure that data management documentation standards are always adhered to.
- Take a leadership role in all Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement processes within the project.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience:
- First degree in social science, public health, or another relevant discipline; Master’s degree in public health will be an added advantage.
- At least 6 years of experience in the design and implementation of Monitoring & Evaluation in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs and Government.
- Demonstrated skills in training and capacity building through technical assistance and mentoring.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Ability to work effectively with government, civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.