Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) is a National Non-governmental organization that aims to respond to the need of vulnerable communities through supporting self-reliant empowerment activities particularly for women and youth and other vulnerable members of the society. The project Improving Access to Integrated GBV Services for Women and Girls of Reproductive Age is a 10-month project (January 2022 – October 2022) funded by the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund (NHF) and implemented by the Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) in Jere, Bama and Pulka LGA’s of Borno state. The project targets vulnerable populations in IDP camps and host communities in Jere, Bama and Pulka with the aim of reducing suffering and vulnerability to GBV, SGBV & SEA for women and girls of reproductive age. The project will also support the co-ordination of the GBV sub-sector through co-ordination of the dignity kits technical working group (which REBHI leads) by assessing reviewing and implementing the needs of beneficiaries into the standardized dignity kits contents.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Jere, Bama and Pulka Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Design and Implement M & E System:
- Develop and implement M&E plan of project to generate regular information related to progress of the project.
- Develop common indicators for data collection, design data collection tools/ templates, and assist for regular data collection/generation process.
- Provide technical support to program staff on implementing M&E plan and logical framework.
- Liaise with project management to collect and analyze data and to determine progress achieved.
Project Information Management:
- Track project’s output and outcome level results on the periodic basis in close coordination with project’s implementing team as well as with IPs.
- Collect, check, verify and compile data from the field as stipulated in the M&E plan.
- Review and compile monitoring reports, project progress reports, evaluation reports, photographs, case studies video documentaries, power point presentation, etc.
- Update and maintain the project database.
Capacity Development in M & E:
- Provide technical support to staff members for all M&E related activities.
- Train staff members on M&E concepts, skills and tools.
- Work closely with implementing team for enhancing their capacity for proper data collection and reporting.
- Contribute to design TOR, training materials, communication materials related to project and M&E System.
- Review field level assessment reports, baseline studies and evaluation reports.
- Ensure that reports from partners/consultants are complete and meet the quality requirements.
- Undertake the quality control of project’s implementing strategies and approaches.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare the M&E unit’s periodic progress report and submit to supervisor.
- Assist project team to prepare period reports of project through providing M&E related information.
- Collect and/or assist to collect case story, best practice documentation, lesson learn; and update and manage that information in project’s reports and other knowledge products.
- Work closely with the project to ensure that lessons learned from project evaluations are documented properly.
- Contribute for developing and managing knowledge products (knowledge management) of project.
- Prepare monitoring field visit plan and conduct monitoring visit as and when required.
- Conduct regular monitoring to project’s interventions to ensure the quality delivery of inputs and contribute for generating expected results.
- Participate in internal and external monitoring mission.
- Work closely with the project team member and relevant stakeholders for monitoring and evaluation of project interventions.
- Assist to organize and facilitate various events such as meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities related to M&E as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with at least three years of experience in humanitarian and/or development organization in designing, implementing and overseeing M&E related task.
- Sound knowledge and experience on writing reports.
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Good interpersonal, communications, and facilitation skills.
- Hands on experience of managing database software.
- Strong statistical skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Working knowledge of the English language along with writing and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using their name and the position title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications that do not follow the above guidlines will be disregarded.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.