- Pretoria, South Africa
International Labour Organization
The MRM Officer will develop, operationalise, and run an MRM system/ Comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy (CMES) that aligns to the DCED Standard for results measurement and ILO M&E approach. This will include collecting data that can be analysed and used to make strategic decisions as well as closely collaborating with other project team members to ensure the system is fully understood and owned by them.
Specific duties include:
- Support the project team to articulate the results chains for each project intervention.
- Lead the development of a Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM)/CMES manual to articulate how the system functions
- Contribute to training on MRM of the project team and, to the extent required, of stakeholders and project partners.
- Work with the project team to design and establish an MRM system/CMES that comprises digital Intervention Guides for each project intervention and that align to key elements of the DCED Standard and ILO approach on M&E.
- Support the project team to identify and measure appropriate indicators to measure intervention progress and change, particularly for changes to gender, youth and business-related outputs, outcomes and impacts.
- Coordinate and provide support to project staff in MRM system/CMES use, including development of research instruments, regular data collection and relations with partners who contribute to data collection, periodic reviews of the interventions and revision of results chains.
- Support the project team to manage, clean and analyse collected data in a way that optimises reliability and use.
- Support the PM in the full integration of the MRM system/CMES in the project’s management and the team’s learning.
- Ensure the availability and reliability of data required for progress reporting, ad hoc reports, and intervention studies, and contribute to report writing.
- Assist in the preparation of briefs, background information, technical reports and periodic progress reports and statistical data on status of the overall activities of the Project
- Perform any other duties requested by the Project Manager.
- First level university degree in socio-economic research, business, economics, international development, social science or similar field. Professional training on M&E/MRM would be an advantage.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience preferably MRM or M&E systems or strategies, including Theory of changed based of which includes the development and management of such systems.
- Experience in MRM/M&E in private sector or market systems development programmes and/or with the DCED Standard would be an advantage.
- Experience in market systems or value chain development would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of English.
- A knowledge of Portuguese would be an advantage.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.