Desired start date: 01/01/2022
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Palma, Mozambique
ABOUT THE MISSION
Since 2016, the Cabo Delgado region has seen its security context deteriorate sharply with the appearance of a radical group fighting Mozambican security forces and government representatives. Exactions on civilians has become common. The AOG (armed opposition group) pledged allegiance to the Islamic State in Central Africa (ISCAP). This region of Mozambique was already among the poorest and most underdeveloped in the country (ranked 181st on the HDI). The ongoing conflict has triggered a humanitarian crisis and generated many displacements.
Solidarités International started an emergency response in 2021 to respond to the needs of IDPs (more than 800,000 according to current estimations) and host communities in the region, focusing on some critical sectors (WASH, Shelter & FSL).
Solidarités International began operations in the district of Mueda that was welcoming many IDPs. SI opened a field office in July 2021 and a country office in the coastal town of Pemba (capital of Cabo Delgado).
Since then, the conflict between the AOG and the Mozambican armed forces supported militarily by troops and material from Rwanda and the SADC has evolved and the armed forces have taken control over all major towns of northern Cabo Delgado that used to be under control or influence of the AOG. Nevertheless, fighting and attacks continue to occur.
ABOUT THE JOB
The logistics coordinator pilot logistics activities of the mission to ensure the smooth running of SI programs in the country. He/ she ensures the implementation of SI procedures and logistics tools on the mission as well as their compliance and proper use, and compliance with donor requirments. He / she contribute to design the mission strategy, drafting and design projects necessary means and activities. He/she supports the head of mission by implementing security measures, providing logisitic means, and back up of the CD in case of absence. He/She is the referent on the mission and the link between headquarters and the mission for any issue related to logistics
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Fleet (Vehicles and Thermal equipment) management
- Premises Management
- Management of IT and communications systems and telecommunications
- Purchasing Management
- Inventory and stock Management
- Management and supervision of human resources
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Opening of the coordination (office, fleet, equipment purchase, recruitment, dispatch responsibilities and communication base-HQ)
- Opening of the operational base of Palma (set up, logistics process implementation)
- Improving supply chain from Pemba and other large cities to provide for Mueda and Palma’s operations.
Education: Bac + 5 degree in administrative and financial management.
- At least 2 years of experience in Logistic management for an international NGO
- Previous experience with SI and Knowledge of SI tools and processes would be likeable
- Previous experience in unstable environment (conflict / post conflict country)
- Experience in security Management
- Experience of team management
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Solidarites rules, tools and procedures
- Training and capacity building skills
- Understanding, knowledges of local cultural / religious codes and habits and capacity to adapt to this environment
- MS office.
Languages: Portuguese or Spanish and English are mandatory.
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / coordination with partners / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented / Team player
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 2 400 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=66790. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.