Dept/Location: Charitable Giving/Baltimore (Open to Domestic Telecommuting)
Reports To: Senior Content Developer/Content Strategist
- Founded in 1943, CRS puts the dignity of the human person at the heart of all we do and of every story we tell, including a steadfast commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace and in our storytelling.
- We offer a fast-paced work environment, with opportunities to telework and travel to meet the people behind our noble mission.
Since 1943, Catholic Relief Services has been carrying out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist poor and vulnerable people around the world. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Serves as the Multimedia Producer/Video Editor on the Charitable Giving Division’s Content team. This role is centered around video editing, podcast editing, graphics and animation, with opportunity for video and photo shoots internationally. Writing experience is required. Ability to write and speak in both English and Spanish is preferred. This role also oversees development of specia lized content for groups of select individual donors, including expanding Hispanic engagement programs.
Produces and distributes quality, compelling, on-brand multimedia content about CRS’ work and mission to approximately 500,000 (in print and online) CRS supporters in the United States monthly. Works to build videos, webinars, podcasts and other products that support Leadership Giving’s capital campaign with an emphasis on capturing the human impact of CRS’ work in more than 100 countries overseas. Uses skill, judgment and knowledge of agency values and mission to ensure accurate and compelling storytelling content, and consistent use of brand and voice in keeping with best practices and the CRS editorial calendar and guidelines. While the role is centered around superior editing and shooting skills, the candidate will also be asked to collaborate on storyboarding, sound recording, music selection and graphic production to tell a compelling story. The Multimedia Producer/Video Editor must be proactive, self-motivated, adaptable and be able to work independently. Specific Job Responsibilities:**
- With guidance from the Senior Content Developer/Content Strategist, ensures the highest standards of video production and serves as a gatekeeper for all Charitable Giving multimedia assets.
- Creates hundreds of video and multimedia projects yearly across all media (social, broadcast, digital, etc.) to engage private donors.
- Possesses a keen eye for shooting video and photos both domestically and internationally.
- Applies excellent editing skills with an emphasis on sophisticated animation and motion graphics using existing assets.
- Shows flexibility and problem-skilling skills when changes or challenges arise, and adjustments are needed.
- Collaborates with scriptwriters, art directors, project partners and stakeholders to ensure stories are being told in the most effective way possible and that creative integrity and brand guidelines are upheld.
- Writes or advises on scripts for multimedia projects and provides strategic communications support.
- Drafts, reviews and approves final shot lists with stakeholders ahead of shoots.
- Regularly updates and implements multimedia best practices.
- Builds relationships and works collaboratively with vendors.
Collects, edits, updates, maintains and tracks human interest stories in online databases for use across the agency.
Maintains and manages Charitable Giving’s video archive.
Collaborates with professionals across a multitude of disciplines that include direct response and major gift fundraising; journalism and communications; photography; video production; print design; web design, production and analytics; humanitarian relief and development, Catholic outreach.
Attends meetings and works collaboratively with Charitable Giving, U.S. Operations, Marketing & Communications, Overseas Operations, and Country Representatives, among others.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal : Executive Office, Charitable Giving, U.S. Operations, Marketing & Communications, Overseas Operations, Program Quality and Support
External: Vendors and Consultants as needed
Some travel may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:**
- 7+ years of experience as a video producer or video editor in a creatively-driven advertising agency or in-house creative team, developing and tracking schedules and assets
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- Expertise with project management software tools
- Understanding of all aspects of video production
- Adaptable to all multimedia types
- Strong emotional intelligence and people skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of world geography and demographics
- Working knowledge of design principles for print, web and infographics
- Expert in either Premiere Pro or Final Cut X
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically After Effects
- Experience with virtual reality a plus
- Proficient on a Mac or PC
- Detailed-oriented, able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Web experience is a plus
- Spanish editorial skills a plus
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.