The Area Specialist will support ICRI Ta’afi programming, research, and context analysis in Mosul and the Ninewa Plain. The consultant will support the team to better understand the social, political, security, and economic dynamics that impact ICRI Ta’afi programming in Mosul and the Ninewa Plain, with a specific focus on West Mosul. The consultant will help the Ta’afi team understand the challenges and opportunities facing communities in Mosul and the Ninewa Plain and will analyze the factors influencing returns and connections to target communities. The consultant will assist the team in identifying new ideas and approaches, and possible challenges, with the existing and possible future activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce actor mapping reports outlining key social and political actors that ICRI TA’AFI can engage with across Mosul and the Ninewa Plains
- Produce neighborhood profiles outlining social and political dynamics, needs, and priorities in Mosul neighborhoods
- Produce political, economic, and social research analysis as requested by the supervisor
- Identify and track national and international NGO reconstruction and rehabilitation efforts in Mosul
- Preparing reports on a subject of a specific research product
- Support the program team to review and improve current programming by identifying new partners, proposing potential projects, and conducting a strategic analysis
- Participate in meetings and discussions with potential partners and provide written debriefs
- Produce a weekly written report on specific research product topic(s) as requested and approved by the supervisor (including format, length, and timelines)
- Other research-related tasks as assigned
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in development, social sciences, or related field required; master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Strong analysis and research skills, with excellent knowledge of the social, economic, political, and security dynamics in Mosul, Ninewa Province, and Iraq at large.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and capacity to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work are required.
- Experience and/or a good understanding of international organizations is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritize multiple work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise good, professional judgment that communicates the established message of the project.
- Working proficiency in office computer applications, including MS Word, and Excel.
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English is required.
How To Apply
Approximately, 6 (six) months contract. If interested, kindly apply through the below link before 30 May 2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.