Malaria Consortium Nigeria is committed to tackling the large number of malaria cases and deaths in the country. Working in partnership with the Ministry of Health and other partners, we lead and support three major malaria control initiatives in the country: Support to the National Malaria Control Programme (SuNMaP); NetWorks and MAPS.
Experience: Ten years experience
Location of Assignment: Niger state.
Malaria Consortium requires qualified public health supply chain experts who will support the Niger State Government in the quantification and forecasting of CHIPS commodities, and pilot utilization of supply chain management system within the SMoH and SPHCDA to support the CHIPS Programme.
The steady availability of medical commodities is crucial to the achievement of any Primary Health Care programme’s objectives and goals. Recent analysis of Niger CHIPS Programme data highlighted a significant improvement in service delivery output indicators, which coincided with the period of peak commodity availability.
MC has supported the initial quantification of programme commodities, which has enabled the State to procure two tranches of commodities in the 1 year of programme implementation. Commodity distributions are done using existing State mechanisms. However, there is need for optimization of the PSM framework as this will improve efficiency and enable sustainability.
National Supply Chain Specialist (1)
Specific Tasks – National Supply Chain Specialist
Conduct Desk Review of existing procurement and supply chain documents related to the CHIPS Programme.
Engage in bilateral dialogue with key government stakeholders and partners, including
NSDHCMA Focal person
Africa Resource Center (BMGF Grantee providing Technical Support to NSDHCMA)
Other relevant partners involved in PSM in the State, eg
- Develop procurement and supply chain framework document for CHIPS programme in consonance with the existing commodity PSM system in the state,
- Develop/adapt tools and processes to monitor supply, distribution and consumption.
- Develop final version of documents following recommendations from validation meeting.
Deliverables – National Supply Chain Specialist
- Initial draft of procurement supply chain framework for the CHIPS Programme submitted no later than one week after PSM subcommittee first meeting.
- Final draft of procurement supply chain framework for the CHIPS Programme submitted no later than one week after PSM subcommittee validation meeting.
- On the last day of assignment, one-page (bullet point) summary of findings and recommendations provided to and discussed with the Staff Technical Lead.
- Within 5 days after the assignment completion, provide a draft report to the Staff Technical Lead for this specific assignment using the standard format provided.
- Within 5 days after receipt of comments on the draft report, produce a final draft report to the Staff Technical Lead
Qualifications and Experience
National Supply Chain Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, with at least 7 years’ experience and/or other qualification in health commodities supply management OR
- Master of Public Health with at least 5 years’ experience and/or other qualification in health commodities supply management
- Supply Chain and/or Procurement Qualification (e.g. Supply Chain Masters or CIPS) is an advantage
- Demonstrated success as a commodity manager within national environment.
- Five years’ experience in quantification and procuring health commodities (including medical and nutrition supplies and pharmaceuticals) in Nigeria
- Strong knowledge of WHO Good Storage and Good Distribution Practices
- Experience with developing procurement and supply chain framework and managing pharmaceutical supply chains
- Strong proficiency with using MS Excel and data analytics.
- Ability to use meeting software (e.g. zoom) to organise and engage in online meetings, and to and share document as appropriate
- Up to date knowledge of best practice using advanced inventory management tools.
- Ability to facilitate or participate actively in external networks and/or think tanks.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with top and middle level management staff of government and agencies
- Demonstrated report writing skills.
Timing of Consultancy
Timelines for Activities:- June- 2022
No of TA Days-: 8- days
Method of Application
Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
All application should be sent in on or before 7:59am Friday, 10th June, 2022.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Kindly note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Application window may be closed once a reasonable number of applications are received, therefore, early applications are highly encouraged.
NB: Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above link.Interested and qualified? Go to Malaria Consortium on docs.google.com to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.