Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
Clinic Service delivery
- Provide direct clinical care, working closely with the other mobile team clinical staff to ensure the delivery of high quality comprehensive primary healthcare services.
- Triage, screening and assessment of patients (in line with COVID protocols)
- Provision of inpatient and outpatient treatment, ensuring medications are given to patients as prescribed by the Medical Doctor.
- Delivery of hygiene promotion, health education and patient/care giver counselling.
- Ensure adherence to infection prevention and control measures.
- Ensure accurate recording of information in the clinic registers, and timely completion of summary reports.
- Mobile clinic areas are appropriately stocked with essential equipment and supplies.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and provide guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Provide nursing support and mentorship to other mobile clinic staff, providing on-the-job training where needed.
- Plan and implement outreach activities with the rest of the team to access vulnerable clients to increase service utilization.
- Work with and support community volunteers to provide health promotion, community mobilization and awareness raising.
- Ensure regular inventory and consumption tracking of medical drugs and supplies.
- Work with relevant staff to ensure prompt requesting of medical drugs and supplies.
Coordination and Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local communities, local government agencies and other implementing partners.
- Hold meetings with local communities and represent the program in local stakeholder meetings.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure all patient consultations are documented and patient records completed.
- Submit reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure non-disclosure of any information whatsoever about practices and IRC activities to any other person or organization without permission, except in the normal performance of the service.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.