Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Screen all children and pregnant and lactating women for acute malnutrition using MUAC and refer those who meet the referral criteria for health care services
- Take height and weight measurements
- Lead individual and group nutrition counseling sessions tailored to the needs of clients and caregivers
- Ensure adherence to infection prevention and control measures.
- Ensure accurate recording of nutrition information in the clinic registers, and timely completion of summary reports.
- Identify mothers to become peer educators in their villages, and to support them to undertake sensitization and work closely with CHWs
- Train and work with CHWs to ensure consistent messaging regarding best practices for IYCF and CMAM
Work with CHWs to Providing ongoing follow-up, basic motivational interviewing, and goal setting with patients/families
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and provide guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Provide nutrition support and mentorship to other mobile clinic staff, providing on-the-job training where needed.
- Ensure non-disclosure of any information whatsoever about practices and IRC activities to any other person or organization without permission, except in the normal performance of the service.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.