Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Job Title: Nutrition Engagement Consultant
Type of Contract: International Consultant
Division: Nutrition: Nutrition Division
Duty Station (City, Country): HQ, Rome Italy
Duration: 6 months
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The current prevalence of malnutrition in children is alarming. Over 50 million children suffer from acute malnutrition and over 150 million suffer from stunting. Maternal and child undernutrition is the underlying cause of approximately 45% of all mortality in children under 5. Not only does undernutrition levels remain stubbornly high, but numbers of overweight persons are growing exponentially, even in poor countries.
As the United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger and malnutrition, the World Food Programme (WFP) is adapting to meet the current and emerging global nutrition challenges. This includes enhancing organisational capacity to reach vulnerable populations affected by acute malnutrition, as well as expanding our portfolio to find lasting solutions for populations affected by poor diets and chronic malnutrition.
The purpose of the assignment is to support the Nutrition Outreach and Advocacy (NOA) team with the implementation of a strategy for external relations, advocacy, and partnerships with the objective of boosting WFP’s global voice and building strategic partnerships in nutrition. The incumbent will furthermore contribute to ensuring strong liaison with the respective PA Divisions to promote WFP’s nutrition activities amongst key external stakeholders.
Working in the Nutrition Outreach & Advocacy (NOA) Team, under the direct supervision of the Team Lead, Nutrition Outreach and Advocacy, the candidate will perform the following duties:
- Research and analyze information for the drafting of key documents and policies for the Nutrition Division.
- Lead the drafting and management of nutrition donor intel documentation, profiles, and funding landscapes, as well as the maintenance of the nutrition page in the internal partnership platform Salesforce.
- Draft high-quality fundraising proposals, concept notes and ensure the timely submission of donor reports and communication for nutrition.
- Organize external facing events, donor missions, and fundraising campaigns.
- Ensure quality participation in internal and corporate events, such as the Executive Board week, Global Management Meeting, and others.
- Support liaison with external allies and advocates, including the WFP Friends of Nutrition membership group.
- Assist with the development of partnership and resource mobilization tools, trainings and templates to better enable the nutrition workforce to build meaningful relationships.
- Keep abreast of trends and issues in the Nutrition community, ensuring that WFP is well positioned.
- Support the preparation of briefing documents, presentations and communication for the Nutrition Director and Executive Management of WFP.
- Ensure nutrition technical teams and field staff are aware of and prepared to access partnership and funding opportunities.
- Support other team initiatives as required.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- A set of high-quality nutrition briefing documents, presentations, talking points and speeches prepared for WFP management.
- A substantial set of nutrition donor intel documentation, profiles, and funding landscapes completed and in use.
- Production of guidance materials on nutrition partnership and fundraising to be used for Country Offices and WFP field.
- Effective delivery of events, and informal meeting with the Friends of Nutrition Group, with key targets and actions.
- The production of effective funding proposals and concept notes.
- Have worked with people at all levels and fostered cross-departmental cooperation.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Advanced degree in International Relations; Political Science or similar fields.
- Minimum five or more years of relevant professional work experience in partnership and engagement roles.
- Has a good understanding of government and corporate strategies and priorities in nutrition and gained experience in developing partnerships.
- Has developed long-term partner relationships and expanded engagements across geographies and sector.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong brief and concept writing skills.
- Ability to build and manage collaborative relationships.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload independently.
- Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive, and sound working environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Strong written and communication skills is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of both international relations and nutrition is desirable.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English (proficiency/level C). Proven ability to write highly concise documents in English.
- An additional UN language is considered an asset: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 17 June 2022
Ref.: VA No. 166461
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.