Trócaire works in partnership with national and local organisations, supporting communities in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change. Trócaire envisages a just and peaceful world where people’s dignity is ensured and rights are respected, basic needs are met and resources are shared equitably, people have control over their own lives and those in power act for the common good.
The role of the Nutrition Officer provides technical leadership, guidance and training as well as providing hands on support to Ministry of Health, District Health Board and community groups to enhance their capacity and skills in the rollout of High Impact Nutrition interventions.
For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Safeguarding Programme Participants-Children & Adults
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Project design and implementation.
· Support the design of high-quality standards of programming and contribute to effective program quality in all nutrition related multifaceted grants.
· Support inpatient service delivery at Trocaire supported nutrition stabilization centres (SCs) across Gedo.
· Oversee and coordinate the implementation of IYCF activities at the health facilities and through Mother-to-Mother Support Groups in targeted community.
· Provide technical support to DHB/MoH staff through structured Trainings, OJT/mentorship on delivery of High Impact Nutrition intervention components at health facilities.
· Work closely with the District Health Board Nurses, Nutrition Officers, Health Officers, BCC supervisors, IYCF focal persons and Hospital matron in the development and implementation of monthly work plans for the district.
· Work closely with the resilience team and ensure linkages between the nutrition program and the resilience and WASH programs are applied where feasible.
· While working with the hospital matron and the DHB, support the rural health facilities to establish referral systems and create referral links for access to the nearest in-patient facility and other services beneficial to the beneficiaries not provided by the rural health facilities.
· Play an active role in the operationalization of community mobilization activities; facilitate recruitment, training, engagement, and supervision of Community Health/Nutrition Workers.
· Actively provide technical support to teams conducting outreaches across Gedo districts where Trocaire is offering integrated health and nutrition services.
· Support the Project coordinator in documentation of the programme implementation process to generate lesson learning as well as case studies.
· Participate in the implementation of nutrition surveillance and the coordination of KAP and coverage surveys to assesses the Nutrition situation of the target population.
· Ensure programme quality control through implementation of monthly and quarterly M&E.
· Work closely with the project manager in monitoring the nutrition situation in Trocaire areas of work.
· Writing of monthly reports such as consolidated monthly IMAM and BCC data, submission of monthly ONA/3W matrix and briefs, as well as quarterly reports.
· Conduct joint monthly Support Supervision visits Together with MOH and other partners involved in delivery of nutrition services in the district.
· Work closely with the Trocaire, Donors, UNICEF, and WFP (where applicable) contact staff to ensure that all health facilities have adequate supplies of therapeutic commodities, at all times.
· Ensure that supplies pipeline is established and consistency in timely delivery of supplies to health facilities is maintained by developing monthly/Quarterly distribution plans, regularly review consumption reports vis a vis caseloads and provide timely updates on stock situation;
· Ensure communities and program participants are aware of Trocaire’s existing feedback, complaints, and response mechanism (FCM) in place and provide programmatic-level support to the implementation and operation of the FCM.
Networking and Funding.
· Liaise closely with MoH at the district level to promote ownership and integration of nutrition services into existing medical systems including the development of a concrete plan of action for the programme at the health facilities.
· Provide inputs that contribute to programme documents (proposals development, door reports, grants management etc.)
· Significantly contribute to development of regular donor draft reports; project review (mid/end year) report etc.
· Representing the organization in nutrition stakeholders’ forums and coordination meetings at the various levels through monthly national and regional cluster meetings, Joint assessments where Trocaire is a participant in Nutrition and Health and give/share updates/feedback as appropriate.
• Deputize for the nutrition program coordinator where necessary and as requested.
· Any other reasonable and relevant area of work that, in the opinion of management, is consistent with the role of Nutrition Officer.
Behavioural Competencies in Line with Trócaire’s Competency Framework
● Leading: Reflecting our values of Participation & Accountability, acts to inspire and lead others to achieve their potential, demonstrating Trócaire’s values with integrity in order to achieve our organisation’s objectives.**
● Communicating: Reflecting our value of Participation, being one organisation, communicating clearly and transparently across, teams, units, divisions, locations and other external organisations. Getting our message across with impact.
● Collaborating: Reflecting our values of Participation & Solidarity, partnering effectively as One Trócaire organisation and, in solidarity, maintains positive relationships built on trust and respect.
● Stewardship of Resources: Reflecting our value of Accountability and decision-making around the best use of resources. Using our resources transparently, sustainably, ethically, fairly & with integrity; acknowledging Trócaire’s reputation in the use of resources.
● Delivering Results: Reflecting our values of Accountability & Perseverance, getting a quality job done through effective performance, planning and decision making.
● Continual Improvement & Learning: Reflecting our values of Participation & Courage, constantly looking to learn and develop self, employees, and partners to better fulfil Trócaire’s’ mission.
● Flexibility & Change: Reflecting our values of Participation & Courage, adapts positively to change and to different ways of doing things; manages or takes part in change processes in a way that is appropriate to role in the organisation.
● A nursing degree or a nutrition degree with strong clinical background
● At least three years clinical experience
● At least three years’ experience working in nutrition interventions, preferably CMAM/IMAM
● Experience/knowledge of MoH systems, particularly at the provincial and district level
● Knowledge/experience of working with and through local partners.
● Familiarity with/experience of a public health approach
● Manages time and resources efficiently.
● Able to take decisions and take actions independently.
● Possesses a high level of attention to detail.
● Computer and report writing skills
● Fluent in English
● Shows drive, initiative, courage, integrity and accountability.
● Possesses an unwavering sense of integrity.
● Committed to continuing personal and professional development and to supporting the professional development of colleagues.
● Builds strong relationships and works effectively on a team, cross-organisationally and with external stakeholders.
● Shows flexibility, adapts easily to change.
● Empathy with and understanding of the work of Trócaire.
How to apply
For the Candidate wit**h the required experience and passion for the role, Trocaire Offers a competitive package of salary and benefits**
The closing date for receipt of applications is 26th December 2021.
For full details of
this position, please see job description attached.
please send a copy of your CV and covering letter (quoting the job title
above) to: [https://trocaire.workable.com/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.