Co-Impact is a global philanthropic collaborative that supports locally rooted coalitions in the Global South to transform underlying systems and achieve impact at scale, with a core focus on advancing gender equality and feminist principles. We bring together funders from around the world to invest in initiatives that are working to improve education, health, and economic opportunity for millions of women, men, and children, by dismantling underlying conditions that perpetuate social inequities so that systems serve everyone better. Building on our experience to date, as well as that of civil society, government, and philanthropic partners, we are now developing a second fund focused on advancing gender-equitable systems change at scale and women’s leadership globally. For more information, please visit www.co-impact.org and take a look at our Handbook.
Co-Impact currently operates as a fiscally sponsored project of New Venture Fund (NVF). Over the next year, Co-Impact will be expanding to launch a second fund focused on gender equality and women’s leadership and changing our operating structure so that we spin out from NVF and build an independent institution.
Co-Impact is currently based primarily in Geneva, London, Nairobi, New Delhi, New York, and Zurich.
Where You Fit
Co-Impact seeks a thoughtful and talented Operations Assistant to provide key support across all operational functions, enabling the work of our global team. Reporting to the Associate Director of Operations, the Operations Assistant will provide scheduling and calendar support and operational support in finance; recruitment and human resources; grantmaking and compliance; database maintenance; and IT.
The ideal candidate must have experience managing administrative duties while juggling multiple tasks. The candidate is expected to have professional interest in operations, people and culture, and IT, with strong communication and organizational skills, integrity, excellent judgment, and a proven ability to anticipate needs across a diverse and dynamic team.
Core responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Dedicated calendar management for the Operations team and other senior members of the Co-Impact team, including scheduling and confirming meetings, reserving meeting rooms, and preparing relevant materials.
- Partnering with Administrative team in supporting complex scheduling for other members of the team.
- Supporting the finance and compliance functions with invoice intake, review, and processing as well as collection of contract-related forms and materials.
- Supporting the Grants Management function with collecting and sorting grant-related materials, uploading them to the Grants Management database, communicating with Program Partners and coordinating with Co-Impact’s program team on diligence and other grant-related matters.
- Supporting the HR function with coordination of recruitment efforts and projects related to organization’s people- and culture-related practices.
- Arranging often complex travel itineraries, including reserving airline tickets and hotels, coordinating trips with other travelers, and compiling and submitting visa applications.
- Handling expense reporting for senior members of the team.
- Managing the logistics for various projects and special events.
- Coordinating IT support requests and inquiries and ensuring timely handling by external consultants.
- Managing, tracking, and replying to web portal inquiries; screening incoming correspondence, elevating to appropriate team members and drafting routine project correspondence.
- Maintaining contact and email distribution lists and systems of the organization.
- Gathering and organizing briefing materials in advance of meetings as requested.
- Other duties as requested.
* Role may include minimal international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or greater than two years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with complex global scheduling.
- Ability to write and communicate ideas with clarity.
- Ability to seamlessly and diplomatically interact with a wide range of donors, external partners, co-workers, and the general public.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information and sensitive matters with discretion and a high level of professional judgement.
- Willingness to collaborate and contribute where the team needs help. Thrives in fostering an environment that promotes shared communications, efforts, and results.
- Ability to innovate process improvements.
- Ability to exercise judgement and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to quickly adapt to using other software tools (project management software, database software, contact management systems, etc.) for managing a range of operational processes.
- High level of self-motivation and at ease working independently when necessary.
- Ability to shift gears comfortably; decide and act without having the total picture; ability to comfortably evaluate and handle risk and uncertainty.
- Intellectually curious; seek and work with evidence, demonstrated openness to new ideas and a diversity of perspectives; unafraid to admit and learn from failure.
- Impeccable personal ethics and integrity, kind and caring.
- Sense of humor and ability not to take oneself too seriously.
- Demonstrated interest in operation, people and culture, and IT.
- Experience working in the non-profit/philanthropy sector and or experience working with global remote teams.
- Proficiency in technology, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite products, Slack, Zoom, cloud storage platforms, etc. Experience with Salesforce a plus. Comfort in learning and using new digital tools and supporting others in using such tools.
- Fluency in English required, ability to speak additional global language strongly preferred
- Given global nature of organization, a willingness to be flexible in working hours and travel internationally. Demonstrated ability to collaborate equally effectively with colleagues in ‘remote’ and diverse teams.
This position is full time. Annual salary will be $64,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off. In the U.S., the position is non-exempt for overtime purposes.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.