Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
The Green Climate Fund (“GCF”) is a multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
GCF will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, GCF will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change. GCF is governed by a Board, composed of an equal representation of developed and developing countries. The Fund is operated by an independent Secretariat headed by an Executive Director.
The Fund seeks to recruit a Operation Assistant to carry out the tasks, duties and responsibilities, deliver the set deliverables and provide support to the hiring unit as detailed below. The consultant will join GCF team on
HQ based. The assignment is for an initial 140 days over a 7-month period.
The Operatons Assistant Consultant reporting to the Head of the Office of Risk Management and Compliance, is responsible for managing integrated processes of the team to ensure timely execution in support of the Office’s work. The incumbent is expected to work across four teams within the Office and will also work closely with the Head of Office to ease administrative workload and enable the Head of Office to focus on setting, leading and executing strategic initiative for the Office and the Fund.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible for but not limited to:
• Reconcile and integrate related office services in an effective service platform (such as team budget, procurement activities, technology, staffing, general services, facilities etc);
• Meeting preparation and follow up: review upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the relevant parties have all of the information needed to be as productive as possible and sending out agenda or documents to meeting attendees as necessary;
• A gatekeeper, ensuring Head of Office’s involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment.
• Identify issues that serves as barriers to the team operating at maximum effectiveness;
• Ensure alignment with Office’s administrative operations with overall fund policies and procedures.
• Anticipate the Office’s work by planning meeting agendas, and documenting discussions and outcomes and alerting team members about impending deadlines and allowing for higher efficiency levels;
• Deliver administrative help that is vital to meeting deadlines and completing projects on time.
• Committee; produce presentations, draft meeting agendas, schedule meetings, handle follow-ups and other tasks as required;
• Contributing to other work as may be assigned by the Head of Office.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, finance, sustainable development, climate policy, social sciences, law or related fields;
• Minimum 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience;
• Excellent coordination and interpersonal communication skills and ability work collaboratively with stakeholders in the pursuit of organizational goals;
• Ability to deal with large volumes of work under time pressure with a high level of accuracy;
• Experience working in an international organization is an advantage;
• Exceptionally strong organizational skills and focus on details;
• Ability to multi-task, meet strict deadlines, work independently and operate in an unstructured environment;
• Willingness to work outside normal hours to accommodate communication with stakeholders in different time zones; and
• Fluency in English is essential (written and spoken) and knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
- Please indicate your earliest availability to take up assignment, and notice-period required, if employed.
- Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply; however, the compensation and benefit package will be on the basis of local recruitment
- Closing date for the application is 06 June 2022, 23:59 PM (KST). Applications received after the closing date may not be considered.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.