International Labour Organization, New Delhi, India
This position is located in the Programme unit in the Decent Work Technical Support Team/Country Office (DWT/CO), ILO New Delhi. This work unit provides wide range of programatic, financial and administrative services to the Decent Work Technical Support Team and Country Office for India, in order to support the effective implementation of activities in India and South Asia.
As a team member, the incumbent provides a range of specialized finance and administrative support services in an efficient, effective and client-oriented manner. Work involves using the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to process transactions for purchase orders, financial clearance and payment processing. The incumbent performs at a fully operational level and resolves a variety of recurring and non-recurring operational issues, requiring the correct application of financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
The position works under the supervision of the Programme officer, DWT/CO, ILO, New Delhi. Supervision received is focused on the timeliness of process execution and the quality of outputs. The incumbent works with a moderate degree of independence. Work is reviewed for correctness in application of financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
Internal contacts are with staff and managers in field offices, project locations and headquarters to provide operational and administrative support and to exchange information on specialized processes and procedures for the delivery of services. The incumbent liaises with the DWT , and other organizational units to initiate requests, obtain clearances, process and follow up on administrative actions.
External contacts are primarily with counterparts in other ILO offices, UN agencies and other international organizations, embassies, permanent missions, ministries, and other concerned authorities to seek or provide information for the completion of pending issues. The incumbent also liaises with service providers to follow up on pending issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
In accordance with the needs and priorities of the office where the position is located, the incumbent will provide services from among the following duties
- Provide a range of administrative and/or operational support services. Contribute to the smooth and efficient functioning of the work unit by evaluating requirements, organizing and carrying out work assignments accordingly and proposing improvements to work processes.
- Prepare, draft and finalize general and administrative correspondence and undertake quality control of outgoing documents for accuracy of information, grammar, style and compliance with applicable standards. Provide informal translations.
- Maintain the official travel plan of the work unit. Make travel and accommodation arrangements, coordinate visa and security requirements, and process administrative transactions.
- Initiate, process and follow up on HR and finance administrative actions, verifying that information is in compliance with applicable standards. Input complete data in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. Perform other HR and finance support functions as required. Process arrangements for the arrival and/or departure of staff, including travel, security clearances, visas, transportation of personal affects and other benefits and entitlements and follow up with concerned authorities as appropriate.
- Perform operations for authorizing and effectuating expenditures including preparation of contracts, follow up with the vendors for timely and accurate submission of reports. Prepare inputs, run reports and extract and compile data to support optimal budget utilization and preparation of programme and budget and workplan documentation.
- Coordinate and provide a range of administrative and financial support for meetings, workshops and other events. Ensure timely preparation, translation, publication and dissemination of documents; presentations, briefing files and related materials. Take minutes and follow up on implementation of decisions.
- Ensure the work unit’s filing systems are maintained, accessible and efficient. Update websites and databases. Gather, consolidate and present updated information/data on specific topics.
- Keep abreast of changes to administrative rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines and share information with staff, providing further clarification as required. Provide guidance to more junior staff, as required on applicable standards and work procedures.
- Perform and/or coordinate other general administrative duties such as those related to attendance and leave recording, office space, registry, inventory and procurement matters.
- Provide back up to the Executive Assistant to the Director along with performing a variety of administrative support services, as required
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Minimum of five years of general administration and office support work experience. Experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Hindi.
13th May, 2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.