Organization: IDLO - International Development Law Organization
IDLO IN MYANMAR
IDLO is an intergovernmental organization working on the rule of law and access to justice. IDLO has been implementing projects in Myanmar since 2014.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Specialist, Myanmar, and in close coordination with respective Program coordination staff in country and at HQ, the Operations Associate will be expected to perform the following functions
- Assist the program managers in the recruiting process, including post vacancy announcements, receive applications and long listing, arrange interviews, conduct reference checks
- New starters engagement, draft of offer letters and HR contracts (when required), onboarding and separations;
- Manage all IDLO Myanmar Single Engagement Agreements (SEA), including drafting, extensions, and support contractors in filing payment requests in IDLO systems;
- Monitor leave records and ensure that the correct annual leave balance is calculated for all staff in Myanmar;
- Ensure the accurate and punctual submission of timesheets on a monthly basis, and periodically run timesheet reconciliation exercises;
- In coordination with the Operations Specialist, prepare the monthly salary payroll based on updated HR information;
- Ensure all new starters undertake IDLO mandatory trainings;
- Maintain the HR tracker and monitor contracts’ expiry dates, draft contract extensions when required;
- Keep the HR personnel folder up to date and secure;
- Maintain the Contact list and addresses tracker up to date for security management procedures.
- Direct management of the cleaner/s in the Yangon Country office
- Direct Management of the Security guards, focal point for updated shifts and with the provider representatives.
- When required by the supervisor, work and support with the tasks and responsibilities assigned to the other Operations Associate related to Procurement, Logistics and Administration.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and work experience
- Undergraduate degree is a requirement. A degree in Human Resources, Supply Chain Management, or a related field is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field operations management, preferably within international organizations with donor funded programs.
- Experience working with multi-partner projects highly desirable.
- Fluent oral and writing skills in English and Myanmar language are required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Significant experience in Procurement, Administration and facility management.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures of an international development agency would be an asset.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work in an effective and timely manner.
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
- Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based organization.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a fixed term affiliate contract, with possibility of extension, subject to performance and availability of funding.
This vacancy is open only to Myanmar citizens.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via ImpactPool.org at the following link https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/732678
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: October 14th, 2021 at 5 PM hrs. Yangon time.
Applications will be revised on a rolling basis and qualified applicants may be contacted ahead of deadline.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.