Rwanga Foundation will continue to foster the skills and capacities of employees working in the private sector. This implication is a part of the previous project implemented in KRI funded by GIZ. Rwanga Foundation has set a plan to continue enhancing skills development of both employees’ capacity to work and their opportunities at work. This approach will offer more scope for creativity and satisfaction at work.
The project is designed based on the previous project to support the private sector employees in boosting their workplace performance. This project seeks youth empowerment in the three targeted governorates; (Erbil, Sulaimani, and Duhok) to enhance employee employability and productive engagement. These kinds of training and development are considered as an essential element of strategy. Most employers have realized that providing technical support and development to the employees serves as employee motivation, but it also enables the companies/ organization to create a highly-skilled workforce. Moreover, it is a unique opportunity for employers, mainly in the private sector, to develop the capacity of their employees by the provision of different employment skills which the companies required. Therefore, employers usually emphasize seeking the right skills and competencies for their companies. These are abroad competencies and behaviors that are essential for a prosperous working place. These are the critical employability skills and the core skills that will make the employees more effective. These skills are sometimes known as transferable skills because they develop over time and take them with the employers as their careers develop.
The project’s overall objective is to improve young people’s employability skills in the private sector by empowering 300 youths with training courses and advisory services, focusing on female and male youth aged 18-35. In addition, this project aims to improve the skills and capabilities of 300 employees in various areas per employee needs, for instance, HR and recruiting management, Financial management, Skill training where employees will gain the knowledge and abilities necessary to fulfill the specific requirements for their job positions in three Kurdistan region governorates (Erbil, Sulaimani, and Duhok).
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Director of Programs and the direct supervision of the project Coordinator, the Outreach Training Officer will be responsible for:
- Map out training plans, and design and develop training schedules including all relevant aspects;
- Conduct field/site visits, the market for the training opportunities, and provide necessary information and guidance;
- Conduct training needs assessment and identifies skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed;
- Communicate, build rapport and register potential trainees and provide the necessary information, guidance, support and feedback;
- When required, guide, support and assist trainees and trainers to fill questionnaires and evaluation forms accordingly;
- Communicate and follow up with trainers to ensure smooth operation and success of the training courses;
- Assist in organizing training sessions and provision of training equipment, tools and materials;
- Maintain updated curriculum materials and database as well as training records;
- Prepare ad hoc, weekly and monthly reports to Project Coordinator including necessary information and recommendations;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Information Technology or any related fields;
- Experience in organizing training in particular with NGOs or INGOs;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills;
- Very good IT knowledge especially in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent knowledge of Kurdish, Arabic and English will be an advantage;
- Ability to work consistently and under pressure – independently and as a part of the team to meet deadlines;
- Extensive travel to attend meetings, conventions, training, workshops, and etc.
Reporting & Monitoring
- Provide M&E analysis & reports on a regular basis to the Direct Supervisor
- Full-time job with required field trips.
- Flexibility with regards to long working hours, during weekends and emergency situations.
LANGUAGES SKILLS REQUIRED
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic, both spoken and written is required.
How To Apply
- Application closing date:(October 7th, 2021), but applications will be considered on a rolling basis and early application is encouraged.
- Applicants should submit their CVs with cover letter to ([email protected])
- Please mention the vacancy title: [ Outreach Training Officer -Erbi]in the subject box of your email;
- Potential candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Rwanga Foundation HR policies and procedures;
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply;
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.