PRS, Inc. is recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to work for in the US. We are a community-based nonprofit organization that serves individuals living with behavioral health care challenges and individuals who face life crises. PRS offers a culture where employees enjoy coming to work, are accountable, and can excel in the services they provide.
We are seeking Part-time (16 hours) Remote Crisis Workers to answer local and national crisis hotline calls, including the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and text messages. PRS CrisisLink is a nationally recognized Crisis Center of Excellence and Accredited Contact Center.
The following shift times are available for PART TIME
(PT is 2 shifts per week)
All shifts are EST
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, the Crisis Worker will use active listening and provide emotional support to clients who are in crisis via the telephone, text message or online chat. The Full-Time Crisis Worker will be scheduled 40 hours per week. The Part-Time Crisis Worker will be scheduled <20 hours per week.
- Respond to crisis contacts (phone, text or chat) by greeting clients and establishing rapport by being accepting, empathetic, objective, non-judgmental, non-directive, and responsive to the feelings of the callers or texter.
- Explore the client’s emotional and mental state using active, positive, comforting, and problem-solving language; following established protocols; identifying warning signs; and assessing the degree of clients’ risk.
- Provide safety and security for clients by assuring them of their confidentiality and privacy and ensuring that any information shared by the client is kept confidential.
- Provide referrals to resources; call for emergency medical treatment and/or police intervention, if necessary.
- Accurately reflect crisis contact interactions in corresponding contact reports throughout and at the end of each contact.
- Serve as a first point-of-contact to volunteer and staff shift partners to provide appropriate guidance and support. Refer others to the on-call phone when necessary.
- Participate in educational opportunities provided by and through PRS CrisisLink to stay current on job-related knowledge; a minimum of 5 hours of refresher training post initial 60-hour training is required.
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned by the CrisisLink Shift Supervisor.
- Must have successfully completed mandatory 60-hour PRS CrisisLink Crisis Worker Training. (provided by PRS, Inc.)
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills; ability to speak clearly and be easily understood over the telephone.
- Computer experience and proficient typing skills.
- Ability to remain alert on scheduled shifts; experience working swing shifts preferred for overnight positions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Must have private space to work and internet connection
- Prompt and reliable.
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy issues within a crisis center program.
- High degree of empathy toward the clients we serve.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distress tolerance and coping skills.
EXPECTATIONS REGARDING QUALITY OF WORK:
- Respond to crisis contacts in a professional manner following established protocols.
- Maintain the confidentiality and privacy of information provided by clients.
- Respond to clients in way that is accepting, empathetic, objective, non-judgmental, non-directive and responsive to the feelings of callers.
- Adhere to the assigned shift schedule and follow program procedures when requesting coverage for an assigned shift.
- By the end of each contact, complete contact reports for each interaction.
- Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings and supervision.
- Fulfill the required minimum of at least 5 hours of refresher training post initial 60-hour training.
If you are looking to gain experience in mental health, working with diverse populations and supporting individuals in complex life circumstances, this is an ideal position to prepare you for graduate school in Social Work, Psychology and even Genetic Counseling. Prior to interview, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire and attend a live information session, so don’t wait to get your application in!
We pay a competitive starting hourly starting at $16.50 per hour, more depending on related experience and education.
If this sounds like a job for you, please complete an application now! At PRS, we have been recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to Work for in the U.S. and we are growing! Our vision is to change and save lives in our community by empowering hope, safety, recovery, wellness, independence, and community integration for adults living with behavioral health care challenges.
“Changing Lives. Saving Lives.”
Equal Opportunity Employer. Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.