General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
Overview of the role:
The overall responsibility for this role is to support GOAL’s partners in their financial management assessing, financial reports monitoring and financial development plans conducting, this role may will be responsible for GOAL Gaziantep offices finance operations. This role will be reporting to Partners Finance Manager.
DUTIES AND OBJECTIVES
Partner Finance Monitoring and Reporting
- Conduct partner finance monitoring during project implementation, in line with recommended processes per GOAL partnership manual.
- Work with partners and Partners finance manager to ensure partner financial reports, and financial documentation are received in line with contractual deadlines.
- Check partner expenditure reports and produce financial reports checklists.
Partners Financial Assessments and Capacity Building
- Under AFC-partnerships supervision, conduct financial assessment visits to new potential partners / re-assess current partners.
- Help in delivering and monitoring finance related capacity building identified in partner organisational capacity assessments.
Partners Finance Paperwork
- Prepare and follow-up partners payments.
- Ensure the proper and complete filing/archiving of partners financial and other related documentation.
Bank & Cash Operations:
For GOAL Gaziantep office operations:
- Maintain all the bank and cashbooks and do their reconciliations on a timely basis.
- Oversee petty cash maintenance and bank register maintenance, ensuring all expenses are reasonable and appropriately authorised and recorded.
- Reconcile floats and ensuring they are cleared on a regular basis.
- Maintain excel cash books and bank books, ensuring all movements are recorded and coded to appropriate donors and projects.
- Ensure all purchases have been made following GOAL purchasing procedures and have all relevant supporting documentation attached to payment requisition.
Documentation & Compliance monitoring
For GOAL Gaziantep office transactions:
- Review all documents submitted for payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed.
- Ensure maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded.
- Ensure proper filing/scanning of monthly vouchers.
Partner & GOAL Audits
- Liaise as needed with partners for donor audits.
- Work with partners and AFC Partnership to close issues relating to GOAL partner audits and donor audits.
- Support in preparation of documentation to facilitate donor, internal and external audits
- Support in finance facilitation for any internal / external audits
Other Financial Duties
- Provide support and cover as required for other finance staff.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Partners Finance Manager
- This position may require travel to other cities where the partners located in Turkey.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- Finance/Accounting qualification with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Good written and spoken English with good communication skills, knowledge of Arabic & Turkish would be desirable.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills.
- At least 2 years work experience in NGO, experience in partner grants management would be desirable.
- Experience working in projects funded by institutional donors such as BHA, ECHO, BPRM.
- Previous experience in budget planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, knowledge of accounting software would be desirable.
- Good team player, professional manner, with the ability to manage and work with staff at all levels in GOAL and with partners.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 16 November 2021 .
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please inform [email protected] with the details immediately.
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen derhal [email protected] adresine detayları da içeren bir e-posta gönderiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.