BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE;
To support the development of TAQA’s interests in northern Iraq (Kurdistan) through the application of reservoir engineering analysis integrated with other subsurface disciplines. Interface with other subsurface professionals and the operations team in Erbil and Abu Dhabi to ensure best practices are defined, shared, and incorporated.
- Interprete field and individual good performance to ensure optimum production and recovery with a focus on through day to day well management
- Support delivery of well fluids allocation and volume balance reports to management and for use in subsurface modeling and hydrocarbon accounting and development planning
- Provide coordination between the Subsurface and the execution teams (Drilling & Completions and Facilities and Operations) for all production well operations, interventions, and surveillance activities including representation for field activities
- Prepare/contribute to ending of intervention and surveillance activity reports and presentation to management.
- Prepare production and surveillance data packages for evaluation and distribution to stakeholders
- Participate in the update and implementation of the reservoir management plan
- Support production forecasting of existing and future wells
- BSc in Petroleum or Reservoir Engineering
- Related Industry-sponsored supplemental education
- 10+ years of petroleum or production engineering experience with an oil and gas operating company
- Significant experience working with Electrical Submersible Pumps including pump design, installation, and operations
- Experience in fluid allocation and plant balancing processes and operations including MPFM
- Experience in the use of reservoir performance, well test analysis, and IPM software
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work and succeed in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in the English Language
- This position will require the engineer to integrate within the Operations team and to be available for well test supervision, sampling or other Field Experience as required.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.