Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Dispense medicines to all patients according to the doctor’s prescription
- Provide counselling to patients regarding the proper usage of prescribed medications
- Routinely monitor the expiry dates of medicines ensuring that those with short expiry dates will be used first before they become expired.
- Keep the drug store clean, store medicines appropriately with the up to date, to be checked easily
- Monitor and ensure optimum room temperatures are maintained and charting room temperatures regularly.
- Prevent physical damage and contamination of drugs.
- Ensure all stock related reports and inventories are completed.
- Notify the clinical officer in-charge of the drug stock levels to ensure no stock outs.
- Work with other health staff to ensure wards/clinic areas are appropriately stocked with essential equipment and supplies.
- Ensure regular inventory and consumption tracking of medical drugs and supplies.
- Work with relevant staff to ensure prompt requesting of medical drugs and supplies.
- Carry out day duties as per duty roaster.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and provide guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Provide pharmaceutical support and mentorship to other mobile clinic staff, providing on-the-job training where needed.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure all dispensary documents are completed in a timely manner in line with IRC’s Pharmaceutical guidelines
- Maintain up-to-date stock inventories.
- Compile and submit stock consumption reports and flag to Medical doctor if supplies stocks are low
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.