Central European University ;
EARN A DEGREE ACCREDITED IN AUSTRIA AND THE U.S.
PhD in Political Science / This is one of the largest, most international and most competitive doctoral programs in Europe, providing aspiring scholars with the theoretical and methodological skills needed to challenge and shape what we know about politics, public policy and governance. We offer five specializations based on a system of tracks, which you can complement with a minor by doing additional coursework in a subfield.
As a doctoral student, you will be exposed to a great variety of perspectives and approaches. Aside from your permanent supervisor, you will also work with a supervisory panel and may join student-faculty research groups or research centers. There will also be plenty of opportunities for you to network with top scholars, spend a semester abroad, gain teaching experience at a partner university and take part in conferences, summer schools and workshops on and off campus. We are also part of the European Graduate Network, a vibrant platform for sharing research among eight world-leading institutions.
Choose from 5 tracks
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
- Political Economy
- Political Theory
- Public Policy
ELEVATE YOUR RESEARCH
- Conflict and Security
- Energy Policy
- Global South
- Higher Education
- Middle East and North Africa Space
- Political Behavior
- Political Economy
- Political, Legal and Moral Theory
- Democracy Institute
- Yehuda Elkana Center
Study in Vienna
Apply now and study in Vienna, consistently ranked among the world’s most livable cities by the Economist Intelligence Unit. Located in the heart of Europe, the Austrian capital has much to offer, from a wide range of academic opportunities to vibrant student life.
Fund your studies
In pursuit of our mission, we strive to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world. This is why we offer generous financial aid available to students from any country. Doctoral scholarships include a full tuition waiver and a monthly stipend for living expenses. ➜ www.ceu.edu/financialaid
- World-ranked master’s and doctoral programs in the humanities and social sciences
- Valuable degree accredited in the U.S. and Austria
- 81% of our graduate students receive financial aid
- 7:1 student/faculty ratio
- Close supervision and faculty contact with top researchers
- Students and faculty from 100+ countries
- Committed to academic freedom and open debate
- Based in Vienna, ranked among the world’s most livable cities by the Economist Intelligence Unit
- February 1, 2022 for doctoral studies with financial aid
For further enquiries, please contact:
Student Recruitment Office
Email: [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.