PROSAFE is seeking to recruit a Policy and Project Intern for a six months period starting as soon as possible. The offer of employment is for a full-time paid internship.
PROSAFE is an international non-governmental organisation established in 1991 by market surveillance officers from countries throughout Europe. The main goal is to contribute to further enhancing market surveillance in Europe by organising Joint Actions and by developing and promoting best practices or developing tools that support the work of market surveillance officers. The Joint Actions we coordinate are (co)financed by the European Union.
The intern would be employed within the team responsible for the implementation of a Joint and Concerted Actions on market surveillance. More information can be found on PROSAFE’s website at www.prosafe.org and www.eepliant.eu.
The Intern responsibilities:
- Support the drafting of policy-related content and design materials for PROSAFE’s communication channels.
- Support with the project management by following and monitoring implementation of various project tasks;
- Participate in virtual project meetings and conferences, and preparing supporting or follow-up materials (such as presentations, minutes and reports), and the implementation of relevant tasks for EU-funded projects and Joint Actions.
- Undertake general administrative, financial reporting and project management tasks;
- Contributing to writing and reviewing project reports, factsheets, case studies, and other project deliverables;
- Proofreading and editing various project reports and project materials;
- Collecting and processing project documentation from the project beneficiaries;
- Engaging and collaborating with project participants, membership, stakeholders and third parties;
- Support the preparation/drafting of proposals in response to tenders and call for proposals issued by the EU Institutions;
- The ideal candidate will work under the direction of the Programme Manager, and thus undertake other project activities as determined during staff meetings;
Experience: Preferably one year of office work, and if just finished studies can show extra-curricular activities.
Level of education:
- University degree of 3 or 4 years in Economics, European Affairs, Social and Political studies, Environmental Studies, Sciences and Technology.
- Followed by a Master’s Degree of minimum 1 year in the above-mentioned disciplines.
- Phd studies are an asset.
The candidate should show commitment to the values, vision and mission of consumer safety NGOs and have interest the market surveillance of Energy Efficiency and Ecodesign and product safety issues.
Language skills: English level compared to a native speaker; excellent writing skills;
IT skills: excellent general IT literacy, robust knowledge of Excel and others statistics tools.
Other assets: Data Analysis skills, ability to synthesise and switch fast through various topics and familiarity with European Union funded projects are an asset.
- A willingness to “pitch in” where required. No job too big or small.
- Ability to handle pressure, and work within tight deadlines;
- Genuine team-player;
- Analytical mind with aptitude in math and ability to present technical information in simple terms;
- Positive and outgoing personality;
- A problem-solver with attention to detail and ability to spot errors;
- Well-organized, efficient and reliable;
- A can-do attitude, backed by speedy and accurate work;
- Assertive not abrasive.
Be eligible to work in Belgium.
Indicative starting date: as soon as possible.
We offer an interesting job in a dynamically growing organisation which brings together European market surveillance officers, consultants, as well as international stakeholders in a field that is of fundamental importance for the European Union. The working language is English.
The internship is paid and includes the possibility of long-term employment in the event of a successful internship. Compensation will reflect the level of proven experience and competence.
Suitably qualified individuals are required to submit:
- Their CV in Europass format and
- A bespoke one-page cover letter in English adapted specifically to our organisation’ requirements, where you include your favourite famous quote with a motivation why it is so.
before 6 May 2022 (midnight Brussels time) addressed to Dr Kyriakos Papazoglou, Programme Manager at [email protected]
Please write in the email subject “<Name of the candidate> – Application Policy & Project Intern”!
Applications are reviewed on a “first come, first serve” policy and interviews may be organised before the deadline; thus, we welcome swift applications. Candidates must first pass a written test to be invited to a physical face to face interview.
Only successful candidates will be informed, thank you for your understanding.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.