HOSPEEM - European Hospital and Healthcare Employers’ Association
Purpose of the role:
The Policy Officer will work in the HOSPEEM Secretariat in Brussels, providing support to the Secretary General, the Daily Manager and HOSPEEM Members to represent efficiently the interests of European hospital employers and to ensure that the organisation runs effectively.
Description of Tasks:
- Monitoring EU policy developments and initiatives in the field of employment, industrial relations and health.
- Drafting briefing notes and HOSPEEM opinions on healthcare employment related issues
- Communication and correspondence with HOSPEEM members and follow-up
- Organisation, coordination and planning of HOSPEEM meetings and European Social Dialogue meetings
- Coordinating the activities of the Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee for the Hospital and Healthcare Sector with the Trade Union counterpart EPSU.
- Cooperating and coordinating with relevant EU stakeholders on healthcare employment related issues (especially the European Commission)
- Coordinating with the other HOSPEEM staff members on issues related to the well- functioning of the HOSPEEM Secretariat
- Drafting, implementing and reporting of EU funded projects together with the other HOSPEEM staff members
- Support the Secretary General, the Daily Manager and the Steering Committee on issues arising as directed
- University degree in a relevant field
- Relevant work experience (at least 2 years)
- Flexible and pro-active attitude
- Good knowledge of EU institutions, European affairs and EU decision making processes
- Interest in the healthcare sector
- Experience in European Social Dialogue process and industrial relations will be considered an asset
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential, good knowledge of French, as well as other European languages is a strong asset
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills
- Good computer skills
The Policy Officer will work under the supervision of the Daily Manager of HOSPEEM and the HOSPEEM Board. On a day-to-day basis the post holder will have to deal with members who are senior managers in the European healthcare sector. This will require diplomatic skills.
Multitasking, flexibility, openness and ability to work independently as well as in a team are essential skills required for this post. Very good listening and communication skills are important.
General employment details:
Full-time fixed term contract of 1 year, renewable
Based in Brussels, Belgium
Please send an application letter and CV to [email protected]
Closing date: 9 January 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the end of January. Interviews will be held in Brussels in January or February 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please refrain from telephone inquiries.
The job description is also available on our website
Do not forget to mention that you found this job ad on the UNJOBVACANCIES Jobsite!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.