Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Procurement and Administration Associate (G7) role forms part of the MPTF Office Finance and Operations Team, which collectively ensures the MPTFO office and its staff have sufficient operations support to smoothly deliver the MPTF Office’s fund design and administration services; as well as the operations support for the Fund Secretariats hosted by MPTFO. This role acts as part of a team in delivering operations support to maintain the efficient functioning of the MPTF Office and its clients. The staff member adopts a collaborative, client and solutions-oriented approach and promotes the maintenance of high staff morale. The Operations Associate will work within the operations team as led by the Operations Manager under the supervision of the Operations Analyst.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers solutions-focused client-oriented operations services as demonstrated through consistent positive feedback received from internal and external clients for operational services delivered;
- Conducts implementation of the unit’s operational strategies in accordance with the Internal Control Framework issued by the Executive Coordinator and applies a risk lens to operations activities within the context of UNDP’s regulatory framework and policies and compliance with UNDP POPP. Maintains the integrity of the office operations processes;
- Supports the Operations Analyst in preparing thoroughly researched information for financial and workload planning of operations services and office planning or monitoring requirements;
- Support to audit exercises involving operations management processes;
- Complete other tasks as assigned to support implementation of the strategic plan and business continuity of the office including back up support for the Assistant to the MPTFO Directorate.
- Maintains the wellbeing of staff by implementing all administrative service activities for the unit and ensures all common areas of the office are maintained in an orderly manner;
- Coordinates and engages support staff in BMS units engaged in the fields of general services Acts as unit focal point for all collaboration with the Bureau for Management Service in: (i) Facilities Management; (ii) Reproduction and Documents Management; (iii) Leased equipment (office copiers and others); and (iv) supplies;
- Facilitates and arranges travel, transportation services and insurance including clearance of travel advances;
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, on space and other administrative matters;
- Submission of information on administrative services provided for cost-recovery of fund secretariat services;
- Acts as the alternate other operations team members within the bounds of the Internal Control Framework.
- Organizes and implements procurement processes for consultants or contractors for goods or services including: Requests for Quotations, Invitations to Bid or Requests for Proposals, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, as per UNDP’s regulatory framework and standard templates. Ensures integrity of the process and understand the connection between procurement and finance;
- Establishes and maintains rosters for key positions, lists for LTAs, including overview of performance assessments;
- Prepares submissions and attends as required, the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP);
- Prepares Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas as per UNDP’s standard templates, advises on tax exemption, creates vendor profiles in Atlas and problem solves issues with vendor creation;
- Provides administrative support to the corporate credit card holder including maintaining all MPTFO profiles with vendors and reconciling the card balance each month where required;
- Performs the Buyer role under the Internal Control Framework including purchase order creation and management, and vendor creator.
- Coordination of assets, inventory and non-asset management in the office, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory/asset reports, coordination of physical verification of inventory items;
- Manages of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies;
- Ensures IT equipment is up to date and networks are reliable and optimized;
- Knowledge leader on the use of software such as MS Office, Teams, Oracle, Docu-sign and other UNDP IT software;
- Ensures the office and staff are fully functioning with IT support at all times, in engagement with UNDP OIMT.
- Where included in the office or individual learning plans or on request from clients, develop, organize and provide one-on-one or group training sessions on operations topics;
- Maintains assigned information and knowledge products on Sharepoint for administrative functions;
- Briefing to staff members and non-staff on general operations issues.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Ability to persuade others to follow.
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
- Ability to engage with clients and provide responsive, high quality services to achieve client satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the technical support functions undertaken by an operations team (finance, HR, Procurement, IT, admin and travel to meet the office’s objectives.
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge.
- Ability to organize complex tasks among clients, and produces high quality accurate work with attention to detail.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completed Secondary Education is required;
- University Degree in Management or Business Administration or equivalent is desirable, but not a requirement;
- CIPS certification an advantage.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in an operations function with specific experience in procurement, asset and office maintenance within the UN system;
- Demonstrated ability to cover all areas of administration, IT, travel, procurement and vendor management;
- Demonstrated performance in delivering solutions-oriented client service that meets the needs of the clients;
- Understanding of the financial implications of administrative and procurement functions;
- Demonstrated understanding and application of procurement, asset, IT and travel policies within the UN system;
- Must pass UNDP Buyer level 1 within 6 months of joining.
- •Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
Important applicant information
Internally advertised General Service (GS) fixed-term appointment (FTA) positions located in Headquarters are open to GS staff members currently serving in New York/Washington D.C. who hold a UNDP permanent or FTA who are either US Permanent Residents, US citizens or holders of a valid G4 visa at the time of their application and whose G4 visa has been acquired on account of their employment in the UN Systems based in New York or Washington, DC.
Current UNDP GS staff serving outside of HQ must meet the eligibility criteria stated above prior to their application.
Selected candidates who meet the above mentioned eligibility criteria are responsible for their own travel and/or relocation costs
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.