The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) and Goal 17 (Partnerships).
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. The Nobel Peace Prize gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for the following duties (not all-inclusive) Food Procurement
- Compile data, prepare, distribute documents and provide help to the National Officer, to support successful procurement programmes and operational activities, (e.g. drafting and issue tenders through WFP systems, evaluate offers for nomination of superintendent companies, drafting Committee on Contracts, Transport and Insurance notes), ensuring standard processes are followed;
- Review, record, and track invoices, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, funding is available, make relevant calculations, and submit the invoices to finance for payment.
- Maintain and update performance bonds, and ensure the validity is extended as required.
- Post Service Entry Sheet (SES) for superintendent services and Create Purchase Orders (POs) in WFP system.
Good and Service Procurement.
- Issue request for quotation (REQs) through procurement system.
- Provide help to the procurement associate with tender evaluation and drafting relevant documents.
- Provide technical support and/or allocate work to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks agreed standards and deadlines.
- Act as a focal point for the purchases conducted on behalf of country offices.
- Create Purchase Orders (POs) in WFP system.
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support professional staff on the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases, e-filing and procurement files, to ensure the information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirement.
- Initiate and modify automated transactions.
- Review supporting documentation for processing various actions e.g. personnel, payroll, budget, procurement, country activities, answer a variety of enquires and supply readily;
- Maintain vender rosters.
- Research, collect and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Act as a vendor focal point on Vender Management Committee (VCM), prepare VMC minutes, ensure all vendor applications are review, responded to and provide vendor evaluation report.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affect areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completed of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. University degree in supply chain management, business administration, or other related fields would be an advantage.
- Five or more years progressively responsible support experience on procurement activities, supply chain or other related fields.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in conducting analyses and developing reports.
- Experience working with suppliers or other third party on day-to-day basis.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software package, including word procession, spreadsheet and other standard software packages.
- Professional experience with SAP or other EPR software will be advantageous.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Proficiency in a second UN languages is an advantage.
- Tendering and Contracting, Vendor Management, Commodity and Product/Service Intelligence, Systems & Reporting, and Ethics and Compliance.
How to apply
Thursday 24 March 2022 23:59 Bangkok Time
This vacancy announcement is limited to nationals of Thailand. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (National Positions)
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.