Organization: IDLO - International Development Law Organization
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments, empowers people, and strengthens institutions to realise justice and promote peace and sustainable development. IDLO is the only global intergovernmental organisation exclusively devoted to promoting the rule of law and access to justice.
With its headquarters in Rome, Italy, a Branch Office in The Hague, Permanent Observer Missions to the United Nations in New York and Geneva, and 18 Country Offices across the globe, IDLO carries out policy advocacy, research and the rule of law and justice programmes, operating in every region of the world.
The IDLO Finance Department is an integral part of the project team, which seeks to ensure financial integrity with the goal of realising a high level of transparency and accountability in the execution of various donors’ projects. The Finance Department places a high value on producing accurate and auditable financial reports for all its stakeholders.
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Specialist, the Procurement Associate ensures process integrity and provides administrative assistance to the Operations team to support program delivery.
- Provide procurement support and ensure process integrity;
- Support the procurement processes, update procurement plans and undertake small procurement projects under the supervision of the Procurement Specialist;
- Assist with market research for the goods and services to be procured, and produce market research reports and cost estimations for the goods and services to be procured;
- Prepare Purchase Orders (POs) and contracts for contracting of services and vendors and maintenance of a filing system;
- Monitor POs and contracts, including taking follow up actions and monitoring deadlines for timely delivery of goods and services;
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files, keep track of any contractual agreements and inform respective contract management officials and obligations;
- Develop and update the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation;
- Collect and ensure completeness of forms from the vendors.
- Ensure management of stock of office supplies, including sourcing of vendors, purchasing supplies as required, controlling receipt, storage, and issuance of supplies.
- Support the Procurement Specialist and the programs team in procurement-related induction and technical support of sub-grantee partners.
- Provide logistics support to the Somalia Country office.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
- Education: University Degree in Business / Public Administration or related field.
- Specialised training and/or Professional qualification in Supply Chain and/or procurement is an asset.
- At least three years of Supply Chain, procurement, contract management, and administration experience in public or international organisations.
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali and English language
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to promote ethics and integrity
- Sound understanding of Supply Chain/procurement principles and practices
- Good contract law knowledge and expertise in managing complex contract issues
- Demonstratable negotiation and contract management skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to conduct independent research, identify issues, formulate options, and make conclusions and recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of seniority, both internally and externally;
- Ability to engage with stakeholders through collaborations, leading, and influencing business decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Proven ability to analyse potential risks, promote risk awareness, and hold others accountable for their practices.
- Sharing knowledge across the organisation and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people in a multi-cultural environment;
- Willingness to undertake periodic travel to other office locations in high-risk areas;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
In addition, IDLO shall offer a yearly basic salary in the range of USD 16,968, medical insurance, and leave entitlements, including in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station or with permanent resident status or other legal authorisation permitting them to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international employees.
Applications will be screened on a regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature, or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organisational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: 3 June 2022 (23:59hrs Rome Time).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.