This consultancy was posted on October 20, 2021, and is open until November 3, 2021 for application submission.
The Procurement & Logistics Consultant will manage international procurement and freight forwarding services requested by LMH country offices in Liberia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uganda, Sierra Leone and Ghana. The consultant will partner with LMH Operations Managers to support the planning of procurement requests and ensure timely delivery of medical and non-medical goods from international vendors. The consultant will report to and work closely with the Manager, Procurement and Operations on strategic procurement projects.
- Commitment: Through June 30, 2022 at 35 hours a week
- Start Date: December 1st, negotiable.
- Remuneration: Consultant will be paid a monthly rate of $6,500. Maximum estimated fees upon completion of deliverables are expected to total $45,500.
- Location: Remote with preference for candidates located within the Eastern Time Zone of the United States. LMH’s Boston office is currently open, with restrictions, and may be used by fully vaccinated consultants.
What You’ll Do
- Manage ongoing procurements, including driving vendor performance
- Maintain an international procurement tracker and archives to ensure visibility to all LMH stakeholders and to document all steps of the procurement process
- Arrange timely delivery of goods to country program teams via international air and sea freight
- Execute new international procurements, ensuring best value to LMH and adhering to LMH procurement processes
- Cooperate closely with requesting teams and Finance to ensure timely payment of vendor invoices
- Provide guidance to Operations Managers regarding appropriate descriptions and cost estimates to be used on international purchase requisition forms
- Update International Order Schedule and International Price List on a regular basis
- Support the Manager, Procurement and Operations with strategic projects to improve international procurement processes and level of service to LMH country programs
What You’ll Bring
- You have 3-5 years of experience managing procurement for non-governmental organizations.
- You will have experience purchasing medical commodities
- You will have very strong spreadsheet skills and ability to manage many ongoing procurements with robust, low-tech systems
- You will simultaneously have a service-oriented mindset while enforcing LMH procurement procedures
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have managed supply chain activities in low resource settings
- You have experience importing goods into African countries.
- You have experience purchasing medicines and IT equipment from vendors based in strategic locations such as the UAE, China, the EU, and the United States
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world’s most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.