World Learning seeks a full-time Program Associate to assist in the implementation of global exchange programs, many funded by the U.S. Department of State. This position provides an opportunity to support our teams serving young adults and professionals engaged in transformational leadership and educational programming, as well as higher education institutions building their study abroad capacity. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to manage multiple tasks, work both independently and collaboratively, and communicate clearly and effectively with diverse stakeholders. The Program Associate will work on a variety of projects, with multiple internal collaborators. An interest in learning about various facets of nonprofit project management and a positive, proactive attitude are essential. This position is part of World Learning’s Global Exchange Unit, which implements a diverse portfolio of international exchange programs.
The position is funded through December 31, 2022 and may be extended based on satisfactory performance and the availability of funding. Only candidates receiving interviews will be contacted.
This position is part of our Washington, DC operations. World Learning offers a flexible work environment; however, as conditions allow, the Program Associate will be required to work from the DC office during critical program periods and provide in-person support for participants, including in the greater Washington, DC area as well as potentially traveling to other U.S. regions.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of exchange programs in support of U.S. foreign policy goals.
- Work with program teams on a short-term basis to provide seasonal or relief staffing for working with participants, providing administrative support, or assisting with program implementation.
- Arrange program logistics (air and ground travel/hotels/meeting space).
- Create and manage financial documents and processes, including invoices, expense reports, and budgets.
- Conduct project briefings with participants on program logistics.
- Assist in the development of program itineraries and arranging appointments for participants.
- Accompany groups to meeting locations and ensure seamless arrangements.
- Support the administration of webinars and other online gatherings.
- Support the preparation of briefing books and program materials.
- Prepare and revise documents, reports, and presentations, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, design, and presentation software.
We seek candidates with excellent attention to detail, who thrive in collaborative settings, and who are committed to international exchange. You should have:
- eligibility to work in the United States;
- bachelor’s degree with two years of professional experience; or a high school diploma plus five years of relevant professional experience in the administration of events and programs;
- demonstrated commitment to maintaining excellence and meeting goals;
- availability to occasionally accompany exchange groups to programming in the Washington, DC area and, less frequently, to other U.S. regions;
- an ability to solve problems and work effectively under pressure;
- experience managing multiple tasks concurrently and successfully, particularly under strict deadlines;
- strong attention to detail, including in written work and financial tasks;
- experience in an intercultural setting, whether from personal, work, or study experience (preferred);
- proficiency with Office 365 suite; and
- fluency with the use of various social media and video conferencing platforms.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.