Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
The Program Associate will support the Program Manager to provide a broad range of project management oversight, financial management, and operation support to sub and prime contracts. As part of a team, the successful candidate will also participate in new business activities and uphold new business and project management standards, policies, and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an interface with Panagora field and U.S.-based project staff, as well as short and long-term consultants.
- Support the development of budgets.
- Track consultant assignments and billing on a monthly basis to support the correct and timely completion of timesheets.
- Draft and initiate requests for approvals for new staff to the client.
- Support recruitment and fielding of full-time and short-term personnel based on scopes of work and negotiated subcontract and/or prime contract agreements.
- Establish, maintain, and develop a smooth working relationship with activity staff, consultants, and clients.
- Support communications between home office, field office, and technical and management staff to ensure regular, open communication, including note-taking at routine team meetings.
- Identify and document good practices and lessons learned; contribute to the development of Standard Operations Procedures (SOP), policies and support the development of new projects.
- Provide project management and analytical support in various ad hoc corporate and project-level initiatives.
- Track weekly activities and report out at staff meetings.
- Support in conducting critical review and reporting of project financials; track project activities and cost categories in line with the approved budget, forecasting, and evaluation of burn rate.
- Coordinate and monitor the financial, administrative, and technical aspects of the project in line with Panagora policies and donor requirements.
- Support the update, review, and maintain subcontracts and modifications.
- Support quality reviews and validation of monthly invoices supporting documents for accuracy and submission to the client.
- Maintain, and update financial databases and spreadsheets and generate various financial reports as required.
- Set up purchase orders and work orders in Deltek Costpoint for project staff and consultants and check to ensure they have all the relevant information and are coded correctly.
- Interface with functional support areas, including Finance and Administration, Contracts, Human Resources, peers, and liaison for the project.
- Assist with meeting logistics, including scheduling, preparing agendas, sending appointments, taking and circulating notes, and following up on action items after meetings.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, review and process expense reports for approval.
- Support Proposal development across Panagora programs.
- Serve in a variety of roles during proposal cycle, including recruiter, subcontractor-liaison, coordinator, and cost preparer.
- Support innovative approaches to capacity-building that are evidence-based by assisting in efforts to capture and share the knowledge developed through Panagora programs.
- Draft technical sections within a proposal.
- Assist in formatting and editing of proposals.
- Other new business tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, international development or a degree in a relevant field preferred with 3+ years of experience required OR advanced degree in a relevant field with 1+ year of relevant experience required
- Familiarity with USAID global health and international development programming required
- Demonstrated project management and new business skills required
- Experience with integrated health, private sector health programming, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation, and/or knowledge management desired
- Experience in developing collaborative relationship with field-based staff
- Solid understanding of field needs and how HQ can support a field office to deliver quality results on time within budget
- Strong change management, results oriented and decision-making skills
- Excellent presentation skills and verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team
- Demonstrated self-starter with leadership skills, versatility, and integrity
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Experience living and working in the field, preferably in a low resource setting
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages, (French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish)
Reports to: Program Manager
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.