The Program Finance Specialist will support Macfadden’s contract with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). Reporting directly to the Senior Finance & Administrative Manager for BHA, the individual will partner with individual team member to manage the full life cycle financial management of the BHA Task Order to include subcontractors, vendors, accounts payable, invoicing and procurement. This position assists the senior program management staff in fiscal and financial management of the USAID Support contract by developing budgets, managing funds, financial reporting and forecasting multiple individual cost and financial components for over 300 staff. The Program Finance Specialist ranks tasks in order of importance and impending deadlines and handles several tasks simultaneously. The individual must develop a working knowledge of USAID policies and guidelines, as well as corporate practices and procedures.
Key Internal Interfaces: Senior Program Manager, Deputy Program Managers, Procurement, Finance, A/P, Contracts Director, and Senior Finance & Administrative Manager.
Key External Interfaces: Client CO/CORs, OAA, Client program staff, Subcontractors, Vendors
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education: Bachelor’s degree or MBA in finance, accounting, or a related field (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience in financial management or budget/contract management. Five years’ financial experience supporting USAID or government contracts.
- Knowledge of the FAR, ADS, FTR and other applicable regulations required.
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting and internal auditing principles
- Experience in budget formulation, budget management and forecasting and knowledgeable of multisource fund management.
- Experience in integration and application of financial management and information systems.
Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and be able to effectively shift priorities and multi-task. Must be extremely reliable, highly organized, motivated, and committed to providing quality work products and outstanding customer service. Able to handle multiple tasks requiring a high degree of attention to detail. Requires strong financial management and analysis skills, problem solving and mathematical skills. Proficient in latest version of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and has advanced computer skills in spreadsheet software.
Requires excellent written and oral communication skills. Organizational ability and attention to detail are essential for success in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Serves as advisor to the Senior Finance & Administrative Manager and Program Manager on all financial issues related to the BHA Task Order.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of vendor and subcontractor invoices, purchase orders, corporate credit card, travel expenses, and other payment vehicles as required.
- Collect, review, and track all recurring office operating expenses, including building and equipment leases, utilities, and supply orders.
- Assist Senior Finance & Administrative Manager and Program Manager to review monthly client invoices, update Financial Status Report and support other contract financial management tasks.
- Track purchase orders issued under the contract.
- Record and verify receipts and expense reports for petty cash.
- Assist with miscellaneous task order and client requests as needed.
- Serves as the primary point of contact to the Senior Finance & Administrative Manager for BHA task order regarding financial deliverables, budgets, and pipelines.
- Monitors and reviews requests for various project related expenses to ensure compliance with Macfadden, USAID and USG policies and procedures.
- Prepares and oversees task order budgets and overall contract financial health including, ceiling analysis, “what if” projections, and incremental funding requests to ensure that the task order funding remains within the contract ceiling.
- Supports the planning and execution of a complex office budget that consists of programs to address ongoing emergencies and disaster risk reduction programs.
- Provides financial documents as requested for contract modifications, budget adjustments and BHA Task Order planning, corporate contracts department and client CORs.
- Develops familiarity with all USAID and BHA corporate financial and procurement management systems used to manage and BHA Task Order budgetary and financial resources
- Provides operational support for the multi-year program relating to programmatic milestones, cost schedules, operational, and budgetary resources planning and execution
- Support the development of the annual and supplemental program budget requests, narratives, and supporting documentation, in close coordination with the Senior Finance & Administrative Manager for the BHA Task Order fund.
- Generates and reviews invoices with the Senior Finance & Administrative Manager for accuracy and updates financial tracking system accordingly.
- Prepares all financial reporting deliverables as required by the BHA Task Order contract.
- Support the day-to-day management of vendor and subcontractor invoices, purchase orders, corporate credit card, and other payment vehicles as required.
- Identifies potential financial risks & opportunities in the budget and forecast.
- Research and answers forecast and budget related questions.
- Proposes process changes to increase efficiency in budget process.
- Reviews expense activities for each key area to ensure compliance with federal regulations and policies related to cost allow ability, and generally accepted accounting principles and audit standards.
- Creates, maintains, and submits quarterly financial report to Senior Finance & Administrative Manager and tracks financials and monitors expenses between multiple activity codes.
- Reviews and analyzes financial data, identify trends, and financial variances related to forecasts and budgets. Revises financial information during each funding cycle and/or as needed.
- Provides standardized reports to ensure adequate funding and appropriate allocation by source.
- Tracks burn rate, pipeline, and other required financial information.
- Generates financial reports including projections and analyses, baseline reports, quarterly reports, pipeline analyses, and other reports required by USAID.
- Audits financial records to ensure expenditures and labor are coded accurately.
- Monitors and tracks staff travel which includes travel cost estimates and travel expenses.
- Tracks and manages petty cash for the BHA Task Order to include Field Support staff overseas.
- Oversees the administration of weekly petty cash transactions to the field by coordinating with the Central Cash Department in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and Accountants in Washington DC.
- Prepares financial tracking related documents as requested and performs other financial duties as needed.
Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government issued Secret clearance for the duration of your employment. One of the requirements for a US Government Secret clearance is US citizenship. Only applicants who currently hold an active Secret or higher-level security clearance or who are eligible to receive a Secret security clearance will be considered for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.