Qualifications & Preferred Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in large scale humanitarian emergencies
- Experience in grants acquisition and management.
- Experience in managing and capacity building of partners.
- University Bachelor degree in community development work, preferably sociology, international or political studies, humanitarian law, public health, and population studies.
- Master’s degree in above-related fields is preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Computer literate with a high degree of proficiency and productivity.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Good Research skills
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required
- Self-starter who can work independently under pressure
- Completed a recognized personal security course in the past 3 years
- Ability to travel across the border regularly for training assessment, regular monitoring, and evaluation
- Understanding of international standards including SPHERE, emergency management, security awareness, etc.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity, and physical stamina
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision
- Ability to work in and contribute to the team building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Understanding of internet and email.
- Travel domestically and internationally, including projects in high-risk areas of WV programming.
- HEAT training an added advantage
How To Apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/program-officer-erbil/18335
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 18 December 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.