- Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
The Programme Associate (PA) is directly supervised by the National Anti-Corruption Officer (NACO) and indirectly by the Head of Economic and Environmental Department (EED). This position is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the implementation of activities and projects within the EED and the promotion of the principles of Good Governance and Anti-Money Laundering. The PA performs a variety of information gathering, monitoring, technical and administrative services. This includes assisting NACO with the development, implementation and monitoring of the programmatic and project activities; performing desk research for needs assessments, project concept notes, project proposals, background information and other project documents; as well as reporting and carrying out administrative tasks.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the National Anti-Corruption Officer (NACO), the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Collect, register, report and maintain information on project activities by reviewing reports and establishing and maintaining liaison with partners for implementation, following up on all aspects of the project, including project formulation and provision of functional support to project implementation; in coordination with partners for implementation assesses program implementation and other related issues; report regularly to the NACO, prepare various written outputs, draft background and briefing papers;
- Follow up on the implementation progress of ongoing projects, investigating designated project activities, discussing findings with the NACO to identify implications for the work of the POiB as well as rationale and context of project activities considering problem identification and problem resolution;
- Coordinate the collection and verification of documents, actions and data; assemble and edit basic data required for planning and negotiation, as instructed by the NACO; check project documents for clarity, consistency and completeness;
- Prepare project/programme reports, activities and budget requirements for the planning of Unified Budget; plan, coordinate and develop project budgets in close cooperation with Fund Administration Unit (FAU) in the Programme Office; follow up and keep records on project expenditures and overall financial status; prepare PR and PO, receive funds from FAU for project activities, prepare and submit financial report for the projects expenditures for UB projects and for EXB projects if needed;
- Compile general background information from available sources and partners for the assigned sector or area; design and draft supporting flow charts, schedules, graphs and tables; maintain institutional memories or other documentation systems to record programme and project history and ongoing activities;
- Attend and contribute to briefings for visiting delegations on matters relating to the POIB’s mandate and other important sectors pertinent to the organisation’s mission;
- Pay field visits and participate fully in subsequent discussions and decision making regarding follow up actions on the projects;
- Provide inputs for all reporting exercises (regular and ad hoc), drafts and notes for the supervisor on specific issues Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe and topics as and when requested; provide accurate interpretation when necessary for the NACO and other international staff members as requested to do so, during official meetings; receives visitors and responds to routine requests for information;
- During the absence of the other Programme Associate ensure that activities and communications in this Department are maintained in line with an agreed interim action plan;
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Completed secondary Education, University degree in Law, International studies, Public Policy, Political Science, Economics or Public Administration is an asset;
- Very good knowledge and high level of skills in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation procedures;
- Minimum of six years of working experience in the field, preferably at least, two years of experience within international organization;
- A first-level university degree in a relevant field shall be considered as a substitute for one year of working experience, an advanced university degree for two years of working experience
- Good knowledge of the Programme related issues and ability to comprehend the situation in the area and region;
- Ability to collect and comprehend and summarize versatile information in aim to perform appropriate analyses;
- Ability to respect decision making string, to comprehend complexity and importance of the project and to act in accordance to the existing procedures;
- Sense of responsibility, organizational skills, ability to take initiative and to work independently;
- Professional written and oral communication skills in English, Russian and Kyrgyz language;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.