Main objective of the role:
Acts in the role of Senior Working Professional providing substantive output in a major functional area by guiding business/programme development across related project areas; assess project effectiveness and recommend new initiatives;
We are looking for someone who will
· Provide programmatic leadership in the development and implementation of the Country Plan, aligned with the Federation strategy.
· Put in place an effective M&E framework to regularly measure progress on implementing the Country Plan, drawing and sharing lessons learned and applying adaptive management.
· Support the Country Director in analysing external trends, challenges and opportunities relevant to CBM’s disability inclusion focus and/or requiring a programmatic response by CBM, including disaster vulnerability, and share with internal stakeholders.
· Support partners in documenting good practice cases and promote knowledge sharing among partners and within CBM.
· Ensure partner and project data are managed in line with data protection rules, and that updated programme records are kept.
· Support the Country Director in maintaining strong partnerships and diversifying partnerships by identifying new partners in support of the Country Plan.
· Support funding diversification strategies with partners and oversee the phase out of partnerships where agreed, through jointly prepared exit-plans with the partner
· Promote, respond to, document and share partner feedback regarding their relationship with CBM and associated partnership requirements.
· Immediately report any critical issues and incidents that are in breach of partnership agreements and support the follow-up resolution process.
· Identify project opportunities with partners under CBM’s Country Plan and in line with national development plans. Lead on the rapid development of emergency response projects with partners in the event of natural or man-made disaster.
· Guide and coordinate joint project and/or multi-year planning processes with partners, CBM Initiatives/technical teams, ensuring the quality and sustainability of results in line with CBM and donor requirements.
· Ensure high quality of project and programme plans with effective delivery and fulfilment of objectives and utilisation of budgets
· Ensure partners and own staff are fully informed of donor requirements and are capable to meet them.
· Promote the inclusion of monitoring, evaluation and learning components in project plans; plan and conduct mid and end-term project evaluations with partners and support the dissemination of learning.
· Document and support partners to document good practice cases and promote knowledge sharing among partners and within CBM.
· Facilitate input from technical experts into project development and implementation.
· Jointly with partners, develop and monitor the implementation of exit strategies for projects/programmes.
· Support the Finance Manager in ensuring that partners and colleagues understand and respect CBM’s financial framework for project implementation.
· Closely collaborate with the Finance Manager to ensure that programme and financial aspects of project design, budgeting and implementation go together, and that project monitoring and evaluation is comprehensive.
· Coordinate efforts to strengthen and support DPO organisations and movements.
· Coordinate the delivery of DID technical advice in Disability Inclusive Development to government and other organizations, in alignment with the DID initiative and Country Plan.
· Ensure effective vertical integration between community level project work and national and global advocacy work.
· Monitor in-country calls for proposals from institutional donors and support the Country Director in building focused relationships with representatives of such donors and other NGOs with whom CBM can collaborate.
· Work with partners to gather and share quality and timely project information and content to support CBM’s internal and external communication enabling CBM fundraising teams to demonstrate impact in their donor communication.
We are looking for someone who has;
· Degree in social sciences, international development or related field.
· Professional experience of 10 years in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 5 years at senior level, with a track record in successfully designing and managing large inclusive development and/or humanitarian programmes in collaboration with national partners.
· Experience in developing and managing large scale institutionally funded projects, including consortium led projects.
· Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and programme finance management.
· Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with national / local governments.
· Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
· Proven skills in people and team management and coaching, with a focus on capacity development and performance management.
· Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to [email protected]
Application deadline: 5th October 2021
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The job will be based in Juba.**
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.