The post-holder will support Age International to build relations and secure funding from institutional donors, and we are particularly looking for candidates with experience working with UK and/or European trusts and foundations. The post-holder will also act as a focal point for one of Age International’s strategic areas of focus, helping to share and promote learning across the organisation, and with our partners.
This role provides the opportunity to work closely with programme teams, and to make a real contribution to the design, development and oversight of projects, as well as acting as a global focal point on one of our key donor accounts.
This is a ‘hybrid role’ – currently working from home but with a phased return to office in 2022 (min one day in office per week)
Please note that this role is currently a 31.5 hour (90% pro rata) role – which will be reviewed in April 2022. As part of our organisational commitment to flexible working, Age International will work with the successful applicant to agree how their working hours are spread across the working week. Whilst employees will be able to work from the office full-time, they will only be required to be in the office one day per week.
You will have
- A good understanding of international development, and commitment to the values and work of Age International, and the wider HelpAge network
- Demonstrable experience of working with institutional donors, trusts and foundations.
- Able to manage multiple and complex tasks, and to work under pressure in a deadline-focused environment.
- Experience of designing and developing project proposals, securing institutional funds, and providing reports to donors.
- Experience of supporting the development and implementation of fundraising strategies.
- A firm commitment to support and strengthen Age International’s efforts to mainstream gender in all areas of its work.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
- Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
- Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
- Techscheme – buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to 1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
- Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
- You Did It Awards – recognition awards from 100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
Please mention unjobvacancies.com when you apply for this position.