About the role: This is a 12 month, new role with unaccompanied terms based in Sanliurfa, Turkey with frequent travel to visit project activities in South East Turkey.
You will report to the Programme Director and work closely with Grants and Reporting Manager, MEAL Coordinator, Protection Coordinator, Education Coordinator, Grants Manager and Media/ Communications Officer.
Your purpose: You will support the country programme with the development of proposals, reports, case studies and any other relevant documentation or communication materials. You will assist the Country Team in knowledge management, documentation and dissemination of learning. You will also support Concern partner organizations to document their project activities. You will also support the effective flow of information between all stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing concept notes, writing proposals, proposal amendments, and helping other staff with their submissions for the final document to ensure timely, high quality proposals.
- Producing case studies and other communication materials demonstrating best practice in Concern’s work.
- Supporting any research, studies, surveys, data collection, reporting and lessons learned
- Supporting emergency responses with assessments, planning, proposal writing and reporting.
- Contributing to the development and review of institutional and country programme strategies and policies.
- Developing the capacity of staff and partners to produce high quality communication and documentation.
- Assisting senior programme staff in training needs assessments for programme staff and supporting, conducting or organising training
- Acting as a “go-to person” for advice on proposal writing and related tasks
- Liaise with Desk Officer for new proposals, follow up on submitted proposals and communication materials
- Supporting staff and partner organizations in the production of high quality, timely and accurate donor and internal reports as needed
- Maintaining project documents on Concern’s grant’s management system.
- Comply with Concern’s Code of Conduct and its Associated policies
- Other tasks as required in country
Your skills and experience will include:
- Master’s degree in development studies or related field;
- 3 years’ experience of working with an NGO in a similar role;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications and file management;
- Fluent spoken & written English;
- Eloquent report & proposal writing and communication skill
- Previous experience of implementing projects funded by institutional donors including ECHO, BPRM and UNHCR.
- Excellent critical analysis skills including the ability to interpret and present data
- Ability to use initiative, multitask and work with limited supervision to agreed priorities.
- A commitment to capacity building and a mentoring/coaching approach to working with colleagues
- Flexible, reliable, culturally sensitive, ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines;
- Empathy with Concern’s mission, vision and goals,
We would also like:
- You to be flexible and reliable
- Some previous experience of working in the Middle East.
- You to be a team players with skills of working/ collaboration with others
- You to be culturally sensitive and empathic to others
- You to be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines;
How to apply
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date. CV’s should be no more than 4 pages in length.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer posts before the closing date.
Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.