International Organization for Migration
IOM the Netherlands is looking for a Project Assistant
Duty Station:IOM The Hague, the Netherlands
Classification:General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment:Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension – Full-time 37.5hpw
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
Closing Date:26 June 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply for this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in the Netherlands and under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator LHD/Resettlement; the successful candidate will support the implementation of project(s) assigned within the Labour Mobility Human Development & Resettlement Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of project activities.
- Retrieve, compile, summarize, and present information/data on specific project topics.
- Monitor budget; verify availability of funds; obtain necessary approval and update budget-related information.
- Support administrative coordination of project implementation, involving liaison with diverse organizational units and external parties to initiate requests,
- obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions, etc.
- Draft status reports, identifying shortfalls in delivery and bringing them to the attention of the supervisor.
- Draft correspondence, reports, briefing notes, graphics, statistical tables, presentations and other forms of documentation.
- Organize meetings, workshops and training sessions.
- Respond to general information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably, Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Migration Studies, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience or;
- Completed High School diploma from an accredited institution, with five years of relevant work experience, preferably in similar roles
Experience and Skills
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies, non-governmental organizations and the private sector;
- Prior work experience in public administration, particularly in the area of labour market integration;
- Experience in working with migrants is an advantage;
- Prior work experience with European Commission funded projects is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Dutch labour market, as well as legislation, practice and network in the area of (labour market) integration of third-country nationals in the Netherlands;
- Knowledge and capability to organize project administration;
- Knowledge of (financial) project monitoring reporting;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint.
Fluency in English and Dutch is required.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment, only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for The Netherlands will be eligible for consideration.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be required to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM on or after 15 November 2021. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (IOM Personal History Form and motivation letter) via e-mail, [email protected] by (midnight) 26 June 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement, quoting VN-NL10-2022-08 – Project Assistant (G4) in the subject line.
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts duly completed applications in English.
Please note that interviews are planned for 6th and 7th July 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.