UNOPS: United Nations Office for Project Services
Under the overall guidance of the Support Services Manager (SSM) and in close collaboration with the National Support Services Officer (NSSO), the Project Management Support – Senior Associate (PMSSA) will contribute to ensuring that the project activities are in compliance and up to date, and that reporting requirements to stakeholders are in line with defined project objectives. The PMSSA will be responsible for monitoring specific administrative and financial transactions. Specific responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide substantive coordination and monitoring on the overall aspects of project operations related to finance, human resources, procurement and logistics, among others.
- In consultation with the Support Services Manager, provide support on all matters relating to financial management and administration in compliance with established procedures, SOPs and the UNOPS Financial Regulations and Rules (FRR).
- Ensure accuracy, consistency and applicability of supporting documents (project document, budget, awards, contract validity, No Objection Letters as required, among others).
- Prepare payment requests and necessary supporting documents (financial forecasts and/or Project Delivery Reports) for submission in accordance with project agreements.
- Collaborate with the Entebbe Support Office (ESO) to provide support in maintaining the operational budget according to UNOPS financial management systems and ensure completeness of required supporting documents.
- Work closely with the Support Services team and liaise with ESO under the guidance of the Support Services Manager for project-related administrative and operational matters such as payments, contract management, recruitment of personnel, procurement of goods and services and assets management.
- Ensure all business processes are backed up by required supporting documents and maintain an effective records system.
- Provide support to receive, review and process recruitment requests, certification of payments and other forms of requisitions from the project office, project team or through designated recipients.
- Raise requisitions for procurement and facilitate requests for issuance of contracts and/or amendments on documents.
- Support the effective delivery and implementation of procurement services in coordination with the Support Services Manager and the National Support Services Officer and ensure that administration of logistics and assets management are in compliance with established rules and regulations.
* CANDIDATES WITH NO UN OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
* QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
- A First level University Degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) with three (3) years of relevant experience OR
- Secondary School (A high School or equivalent) with seven (7) years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in general administrative operations in a private or public organization.
- Experience in using an ERP (enterprise resource system) is desired.
- Fluency in English and French (writing, speaking, reading) is required.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com you saw this job posting.