ADE – Analysis for Economic Decisions
Interested in Public Policy and Development Finance?
We are looking for a full-time Project Manager to expand our Public Finance and Blending Team.
ADE is one of Europe’s leading consultancies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We support senior decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing and evaluating public policies and strategies.
Our areas of specialisation include notably:
- Macro-Economic Reforms and Public finance;
- Development Finance and Private Sector Development;
- Strategic and Impact Evaluations, and monitoring;
- Rural Development, agriculture, and environment, and regional development;
- Humanitarian aid;
- Conflict Resolution, Security, and Fragility.
Development cooperation clients include the European Commission (various Directorates-General), EU Member States’ cooperation agencies (France, Belgium, Austria, Denmark, Netherlands…), the African Development Bank, the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3IE), ministries in third countries, and others.
The Public Finance and Blending Team manages the acquisition and implementation of projects in the area of public finance, budget support, and innovative finance. It is a young and dynamic team which has experienced a fast expansion over the last year.
Following the recent acquisition of a number of projects, the team is currently looking for a Project Manager to work on the acquisition and management of projects (technical assistance projects as well as projects under the EU Framework Contracts (SIEA 2018)) covering:
- Budget Support and public finance management;
- Innovative financing for development;
- Sustainable management of natural resources and resilience;
- Infrastructure, sustainable growth and jobs;
- Human Rights, Democracy and Peace;
- Monitoring and Evaluation.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in management, economics, public finance management, public administration, governance or related fields in development cooperation;
- Excellent project planning, management and organisational skills, with ability to multitask under tight deadlines;
- Experience in development cooperation (strong asset);
- Previous experience in the management of projects under Framework Contracts (such as SIEA) in one or more of our key areas of expertise (asset);
- Experience and/or interest in macroeconomics and development finance (asset);
- Co-operative and supportive team player with ‘Can Do’ attitude;
- Good stress-resistance and ability to work independently;
- Excellent problem-solving ability;
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English and French is required; Spanish is an asset;
- Between 1 and 6 years of experience, possibly more.
What you will do:
- Fulfilling project management tasks, including responsibility for several projects won (backstopping, logistics, contractual and administrative arrangements, financial follow-up, interaction with clients, partners and teams, etc.);
- Support bids in response to calls for tender, by:
- Identifying high-quality experts and tailoring CVs for specific assignments; developing methodologies and work plans;
- Negotiating and agreeing on working conditions with the experts as well as supervising the methodology preparation process;
- Support the drafting of technical offers/methodologies;
- Preparing budgets;
- Coordinating and ensuring efficient communication with clients, partners, and experts;
- Preparing annual reports for the Clients.
What we offer:
- A full-time position within a company with highly-developed expertise and consultancy experience (part-time can be an option);
- A long-term contract;
- A full salary package with benefits (pension scheme, lunch vouchers, public transport allowance, travel insurance, company car, etc.);
- The opportunity to rapidly expanding your skills (in business development, contract and project management as well as thematic skills in international development and public finance/macroeconomics);
- A pleasant working environment, within a great team!
- A hybrid and flexible work model.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send a CV and 1-page cover letter in English to [email protected] by 20 April 2022. The sooner the better since applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate in your cover letter a possible starting date, and the channel through which you learned about this opportunity.
Only applications by email will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The selection procedure will be conducted in three phases, including a case study.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.