SPARK is looking for a Project Manager for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Support Project named the Gwiza Project, focused on the Western Province of Rwanda.
The project aims at supporting MSME’s to grow and thrive through capacity building and access to finance and markets. The focus of the project will be MSME’s in key sectors of the Western Province, especially Cross Border Trade (CBT).
Working with key actors in the Province the project aims at unlocking systemic constraints that hinder the growth of MSME’s and the participation of youth and women in business. Capacity building will be provided to the business and key actors including financial institutions. A key constraint cited by many for MSME’s is access to finance, thus the project has a clear focus on supporting increased financing for businesses.
We are looking for someone who feels confident in their ability to think on their feet, utilize deductive reasoning and is not afraid to be creative when it comes to finding solutions.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
Relationship Building and Resource Mobilisation
- Establish networks and partnerships with national/regional/international government institutions, funders/donors and other organisations working in related fields.
- Coordinate programme development and writing of funding proposals for extension of existing and/or establishment of new development programmes in Rwanda
Results and Learning
- In collaboration with the Regional M&E coordinator, ensure proper project outputs, outcomes and indicator monitoring through a comprehensive internal results analysis framework and tools; report on findings and suggest project implementation improvements; ensure comprehensive and well documented lessons learnt from the project.
- Work with the Communications team to organize and coordinate projects knowledge sharing, networking, communications and learning events (seminars, workshops, etc.)
- Lead the implementation of the programme and steer its activity plan to optimize project results.
- Responsible for the quality control and timely implementation of the projects as per agreement with donors and partner organizations.
- Provide oversight of program operations including but not limited to administration, logistics, budgeting and quality assurance.
- Ensure that program implementation is in accordance with SPARK and donor regulations and procedures, including oversight of procurement and financial processes and monitoring related implementation.
- Work with technical experts and overall project team to develop Annual Work Plans, monthly and quarterly progress reports, and manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Collaborate and support with technical staff and local and international experts to achieve goals and ensure completion of programs on schedule and within budget.
- Chair Steering Committee meetings and present reports, results and findings regarding private sector and key stakeholder engagement of the programme,
Human Resource Development & Management:
- Appoint, develop and manage project staff and experts in country;
- Coaching of staff and lead initiatives to develop staff capacity.
Financial Management & Control:
- Ensure efficient and effective project budget implementation and management
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures.
Requirements and Skills
- At least five (5) years of proven experience with Entrepreneurship, MSME development, jobs creation and private sector cooperation.
- An understanding of the Market Systems Development (MSD) approach with specific implementation experience will be a distinct advantage.
- An understanding of government priorities and policy with regard to private sector development, job creation and youth engagement.
- Proven experience in private sector engagement and job creation in Rwanda
- Experience working with financial service providers to promote access to finance for MSME’s
- Minimum of ten (10) years demonstrated experience establishing and managing teams and project systems to maintain compliance with institutional, bilateral and multilateral donor’s policies and procedures regarding human resources, financial management, financial reporting, and procurement processes, systems, and grants management.
- Experience relevant to cross-cutting areas such as gender, social inclusion, and youth
- Full professional proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda required.
How to apply
For more information, please visit the SPARK website: www.spark-online.org.
If interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://spark.ngo/vacancy/35865/ until 29nd of December 2021. Please, with application send to us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
For questions about the vacancy, please contact [email protected] reference Project Manager – Gwiza Project Rwanda
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports youth and women in starting and developing their businesses in various, more stable parts of South Sudan. The focus of our activities is on agribusinesses.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.