CMI - Martti Ahtisaari Peace Foundation
CMI – Martti Ahtisaari Peace Foundation is an independent Finnish organisation that works to prevent and resolve conflicts through dialogue and mediation. Founded in 2000 by Nobel Peace Laureate and former President of Finland Martti Ahtisaari, we have since grown to be a leader in the field of international peacemaking.
CMI is seeking an experienced PROJECT MANAGER for its SSA team for a one year fixed term contract with a possibility of renewal
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading the development and implementation of CMI’s projects in West Africa and the Sahel,
- Leading and managing experts and project staff and ensuring responsible and efficient implementation of the work and related resources,
- Developing networks and partnerships in the region,
- Participating in the development of the overall CMI programme and cross team working,
- New business development and fundraising for the work files in Sub-Saharan Africa.
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Have an excellent understanding and practical knowledge of the region, the dynamics and politics, relevant peace processes, regional organizations and related diplomatic efforts,
- Have extensive skills and at least seven years of practical experience in international dialogue, mediation and peacebuilding processes from private, state and/or non-state organisations and/or projects, including conflict analysis and practical project management (e.g. strategic development, PME and budgeting),
- Have excellent networks in the region and the field of mediation, and strong skills in building and managing relationships with local, regional and international organizations as well as fundraising,
- Have excellent leadership, people management and teamworking skills,
- Have an ability to work under pressure in challenging circumstances and to tight timelines,
- Have fluent written and spoken skills in English and French,
- Have a Master’s degree from a relevant field,
- Commit to CMI values and principles of neutrality.
Project Manager will report to Head, Sub-Saharan Africa. The position is located either in Helsinki or Brussels. Working permit either for working in Finland or Belgium is a prerequisite. Frequent travel is required. The position is one year fixed term with a possibility of extension. Please apply through the link by October 5 by attaching your CV, application letter and salary request (https://ats.talentadore.com/apply/project-manager-ssa-sahel/m2yv9D). Applications received via e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding the position, Head for Sub-Saharan Africa Tiina Kukkamaa-Bah is happy to answer any questions you might have by email ([email protected]).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.