EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY ASSOCATION
Policy/project Officer to the Governance, Funding and Public Policy Development Unit (GAF)(one-year contract, renewable)
EUA is looking forward to welcoming a highly motivated professional for its Governance, Funding and Public Policy Development Unit. The successful candidate will reinforce the team in the context of its activities in promoting sustainable and efficient funding models and regulatory framework for universities.
The position is based in Brussels, with possible occasional travel within Europe.
The role and tasks of the Policy & Projet Officer include:
- Coordination of consultations and engagement with members in the framework of the governance and funding work, including logistical aspects (organisation of physical and online meetings); content preparation (briefing notes, development and implementation of surveys); content exploitation (drafting minutes and interview summaries, developing analytical summary notes).
- Support to policy work (including monitoring, information gathering, drafting and presenting position papers/briefings).
- Project work (including data collection and analysis, event organisation, project proposal development and implementation, as well as reporting and financial management, as part of a project team and under supervision.
- A range of other tasks, as they emerge, such as liaising with EUA members and outside partners, preparing information and background materials, representing EUA at external meetings and events, presenting EUA work online or in physical meetings, etc.
Background, qualifications and skills
- Relevant higher education second-cycle degree (such as a Master’s in economics, politics, or social sciences).
- At least two years of experience in the field of EU affairs, research and/or higher education.
- Experience in data analysis; knowledge of data analysis software is an asset.
- Excellent command of English and at least one other European language.
- Writing and presentation skills and proven experience in drafting documents, reports, statements, etc. in English.
- Ability and willingness to learn about complex funding and regulatory systems.
- Eagerness to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Strong ICT skills with an interest in learning to use new tools.
What EUA offers
The Association offers a one-year (renewable) contract under Belgian law, and an attractive remuneration package incl. the reimbursement of transport costs, lunch vouchers and a pension scheme.
EUA’s dynamic and committed staff members come from across Europe and beyond and the Association highly values its diversity. Though staff currently work from home due to the Covid-19 crisis, the position is based in Brussels and it is expected that the successful candidate will relocate in the near future if he/she is not already based in Brussels. The office is conveniently located in the European Quarter near the Merode metro station.
How to apply
If you feel that you have the skills and competences for the job and could fit into the EUA team, please email your CV and a concise motivation letter, quoting your salary expectations, to [email protected]
The deadline to apply is 27 August 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview (live or per videoconference) in the week of 13 September and will be requested to do a test in the week of 20 September 2021.
The successful candidate will be expected to start at the latest on 1 November 2021.Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.EUA regrets that it is unable to acknowledge all applications received.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.