Overall purpose of the role;
- Delivery of case management services and implementation of individual protection assistance (IPA) to vulnerable and at-risk target population in Salah al din – Samaara.
Assist the Protection Officer in ensuring quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of case management and IPA activities.
Geographic scope: Salah al din – Samaara. (Iraq)
This role has a focus on Salah al din and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within DRC Iraq and the Salah al din area office. The role contributes to the implementation of protection strategies for Salah al din, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
- Identification of people in need of individual protection (Case Management and/or IPA) and ensure timely response, including referrals of people in need of GBV case management or Child Protection case management.
- Provide case management services, in line with DRC Iraq guidance and case management standard operating procedure (SOP) to community members of different ages (youth, adults and older persons), gender (men and women) and abilities (including persons with disabilities).
- At all times, respect information management principles and guiding principles for case management.
- Provide case management services, following standardized case management process including following steps: identification, comprehensive needs assessment, case planning and implementation, follow-up and review, case closure.
- Provide individual protection assistance in line with DRC Iraq guidance and individual protection assistance SOP, including detailed documentation of intake, assessment and distribution.
- Regular follow up on the assigned case to ensure that the case plan remains adequate, to monitor progress and identify additional needs.
- Provide psychosocial support throughout the whole case management process.
- Conduct regular visits to targeted field locations for mobile intake and referral.
- Participate in supervision and coaching sessions, individual and/or in group, including case discussions.
- Participate in internal and external trainings, as requested by the Protection Officer (CM) and Protection Team Leader.
- Ensure all IPA and CM activities are recorded and documented accurately and in a timely fashion on DRC Iraq’s IM system.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate case and IPA files in a safe and confidential manner.
- Support MEAL team with implementation of evaluations and surveys.
- Produce activity reports as required by Protection Officer (CBP).
- Support Protection Officer (CBP) with administrative tasks including purchase requests to supply chain.
- Ensure compliance with DRC guidelines and policies on HR, admin, finance, and supply.
- Ensure adherence to DRC national staff policy guidelines and Code of Conduct.
- Ensure compliance with DRC AGD policy and AGD programmatic minimum standards.
- Ensuring compliance with the zero-tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by the Protection Officer (CBP) and Protection Team Leader.
Roles reporting to this position: No direct reports
Reports to: Protection Team Leader
Required experience and competencies:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in protection in humanitarian setting
- Experience in facilitation of PSS activities and the delivery of community programs to vulnerable groups
- Understanding of protection principles, protection minimum standards and basic psychosocial support concepts
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and always prioritize the safety and dignity of beneficiaries.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Fluency in Arabic
- Ability to communicate and write in English.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates’ residence in Samara are preferred.
Diploma in social work, counseling, psychology or another related field Equivalent professional qualification.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.