Première Urgence Internationale
Fixed-term contract (12 months) – Starting Date: ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in NIGERIA
The Mission Nigéria has been open since 2016. PUI develops its integrated approach with mainly in Health, Nutrition and Protection, Furthermore, PUI works on MHPSS, Food Security (cash transfer) and Early Recovery and Livelihood. Today, the mission is implementing 2 projects.
What about the Protection Coordinator Nigeria ?
As Protection Coordinator, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the mission’s operational Protection strategy as well as of the quality of current and future Protection programmes at the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation phases. You will provide technical support to the Protection Project Managers on the basis of a functional reporting relationship, you will represent PUI to the authorities, humanitarian actors and donors for the Protection sector, and ensure that protection mainstreaming principles are taken into account in all PUI interventions, with other technical coordinators and the MEAL department.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Strategy / Development: You will participate in the development of the operational Protection strategy and contribute to the design of new Protection interventions on the mission based on the identified Protection needs in the country of intervention, and in line with PUI Protection operational framework.
- Programmes: You will provide technical support to Protection Program Managers and ensure the quality and efficacy of Protection programs.
- Representation / Coordination: You will represent PUI for the Protection sector to partners, donors, national authorities and local actors. You will represent PUI in Protection Cluster / Protection sector coordination group meetings, and will contribute to the good information sharing in the Protection sector.
- Human Resources/Training: You will supervise the Protection coordination team, provide technical support to the Protection Programme Managers, supervise Protection technical training activities and contents based on identified needs.
- Logistics and Administration: You will ensure that Protection teams under your responsibility follow logistics and administrative procedures and you will keep the logistics and administrative departments informed.
- Security: You will contribute to compliance with security rules within the mission and communicate any security-related information to your line manager and/or to the mission’s “security” manager.
The challenges that await you :
1 – Ensure the quality of PUI’s current protection and psychosocial support programs through capacity building, changes of structure, program design, protection internal mainstreaming, technical tools and guidelines etc. 2 – Suggest and design new protection and psychosocial support components and/or programs methodologically sound and coherent with the humanitarian mandate and positioning of PUI
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master‘s degree in humanitarian project management/business school/political sciences/social sciences/law or other related field.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 2 years in protection program management or a similar position, by an experience in protection mainstreaming and protection monitoring, and an experience in environments with protection threats. You also have a strong understanding of global protection principles and standards, and relevant bodies of international law. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You master project management, quality monitoring and team management. You demonstrate capacity to deliver trainings on protection, and you have a good understanding of institutional donors’ procedures (UN agencies, ECHO, EuropAid, OFDA, AAP, etc.)
- Qualities : You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, leadership, good analytical and organisational skills, flexibility, and a high sense of discretion. You are able to take responsibility in a proactive approach in order to make proposals and to identify solutions. You have a strong ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Spanish, Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« You would be working wih a great team on the field who works relentelessly to improve living conditions of the most vulnerable population in one of the biggest humanitarian crisis in Africa. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our website.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.