Triangle Generation Humanitaire
If you do not meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the section ‘Essential Qualifications & Experience’, please do not apply.
Please read the job description in full before applying.
Triangle Génération Humanitaire (TGH) is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) designing and implementing emergency, post-emergency and development programs since 1994. The programs fall within the fields of water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), civil engineering (Shelter), food security, rural development (Livelihood), socio-educational and psychosocial support (Protection). In 2021, its committed teams operate in 9 countries in Asia, Africa and Middle-East Region.
TGH has been working in Iraq since June 2013, providing WASH in schools, winterization distribution, cash for education, Case management and psychosocial support as well as livelihood activities to Syrian refugees and IDPs in KRI. TGH developed its expertise in delivering Child Protection assistance to diplaced, refugee and host children in camp and out-of-camp settings. TGH has been working in the capacity building of the General Directorate of Social Care and Development (GDSCD, more commonly referred to as DoSA / Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA) in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I), the Social Protection Department in Ninewa and a National NGO in the Centre and South of Federal Iraq to strengthen the child protection case management systems.
The present project “Improving the protective environment for returnees and out-of-camp displaced children and their communities in underserved areas of Ninewa and Sulaymaniyah governorates” The project aims at providing timely, culturally appropriate and gender sensitive child protection (CP) and legal services (GP) to conflict affected communities, while strengthening community-based mechanisms of risks prevention and response..
JOB OBJECTIVE :
The overall objective of the PSS Facilitator is to ensure, under the responsibility of the Team Leader, the implementation of activities related Psychosocial support and community involvement in children’s protection, within the frame of the project.
PSS Facilitators fall under the supervision of the Team Leader. The PSS Facilitators will do regular trips to Telkeif surrounding areas. The position is attached to TGH Mosul office.
JOB FUNCTIONS :
esponsibility 1: Implements structured psychosocial support and recreational activities
- Task 1 – Participates in the implementation of PSS and recreational activities based on active participation and creativity stimulation of the children including educational objectives, methods and work plan, in collaboration with the Case Workers and Child Protection Officer.
- Task 2 –Contributes to the set-up of individual and/or group activities for children according to the subject (ex: arts, sport, multi sector…).
- Task 3 –Mobilizes children and youth for their participation in the various proposed activities, specific activities for adolescents and needs assessments (through Focus Group Discussions, KII, etc.).
- Task 4 –Implements PSS sessions on a periodical manner and evaluates each session with the children in collaboration with the Child Protection Officer.
- Task 5– Ensures the use of good facilitation skills that make the children comfortable and enhances their participation and personal development.
- Task 6– Ensures participation of children in the structured program in a non-discriminatory as well as age and gender sensitive and appropriate approach.
- Task 7 –Ensures to implement activities in healthy and safe conditions. Ensure equal, undiscriminatory and impartial treatment to the beneficiaries.
- Task 8– Ensures to create a link between awareness activities, PSS activities and Case management.
- Task 9– Organizes PSS activities for children, adolescents and parents as relevant within the context of intervention.
- Task 10– Ensures that all children and caregivers are aware of any accountability/ complaint mechanism.
- Task 11– Documents all necessary feedback and provides regular monitoring report to the Team Leader and Child Protection Officer on the progress of children, activities’ relevance and provides ideas and suggestions to the CPO and TL for future activities.
- Task 12– Ensures the delivery of PSS activities through different modalities (including static and remote) identified by TGH protection unit and the project management team in line with CPSC recommendation and guidelines.
Responsibility 2: Provide awareness and participate in child protection assessment in the targeted locations
- Task 1 – Follows up on the needs in terms of awareness and is proactive in the definition of the awareness program
- Task 2 – Conducts awareness sessions in collaboration with the case workers and the CPO, focusing on child protection, Covid-19, GBV,general protection issues and any other relevant topic adapted to the context of intervention.
- Task 3– Participates in conducting child protection assessment, collects and transmits the data to the Team Leader.
- Task 4– Collects and transmits the data relative to the activities to the Team Leader.
Responsibility 3: Reporting, planning and communication
- Task 1– Participates in weekly meetings regarding the activities of the project
- Task 2– Provides a daily/weekly activity planning and a weekly report to the Team Leader and Child Protection Officer.
- Task 3- Reports to the Team Leader any development or change of circumstances regarding the context and actors.
- Task 4– Provides a daily report to the Team Leader.
Responsibility 4: Other tasks
- Task 1– Provides translation, oral and written when needed.
- Task 2– Contributes to needs assessment for any possible/future Education/Child Protection project.
This list of responsibilities could be modified according to the needs in the field.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Experience on animation sector, in community mobilization and/or proven experience of running educational activities with children, Diplomas and/or Certificate.
- Strong experience in PSS activities and Community Based Approach
- Significant experience of working with children and adolescents.
- Ability to propose, create and run community activities.
- Good capacity to provide active participation and creativity stimulation of the children.
- Experience in community mobilization and conducting outreach activities.
- Good communication and social skills to establish relationships with different community.
- Ability to work in team and co-run activities.
- Computer skills (MS Office) can be an asset.
- Strong organizational and reporting skills.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work.
- Dynamic, creative, positive, flexible and good team player.
Mandatory: Fluency in written and spoken Arabic
How To Apply
We require candidate with proven experience on animation sector, in community mobilization and/or proven experience of running educational activities with children.
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
Please send your application (letter of motivation + CV in English with copy of Diplomas), and titled as
“PSS Facilitator – Tilkaif ’’
no later than 16/05/2022.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.