World Vision International
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Job Title: Public Health Engineer
Under the supervision of Portfolio Manager, Public Health Engineer will oversee project’s technical aspects, ensure the proper quality control and adhering of the technical standards during the implementation of the WV supported WASH and Health projects. Public Health Engineer will work, in close coordination with the respective Technical Advisors, towards ensuring the program is of a high technical quality. In addition, the public health engineer will lead and support in organizing logistical support, preparing documents, and conduct site visits to monitor the activities. The Public Health Engineer will closely work with the implementing partner’s team and the different stakeholders related to the project.
- Support WASH and Health projects with technical review of purchase requisition forms raised through ProVision system;
- Monitor partner activities and advise the partner on compliance with established construction norms and sphere minimum standards;
- Support the implementation of the project by preparing technical monitoring plans and tools for tracking the progress of WASH & Health projects;
- Support in the process of reviewing bill of quantities, technical designs, procedures and project schedules for WASH and Health facilities construction/refurbishment and operation in accordance with humanitarian standards;
- Provide technical guidance and inputs in the preparation and reviews of tenders and the technical assessment of supplies, materials and different tender offers
- Support in designing and supervision of the project activities
Visit project sites/activities on regular basis, providing a visit report on the needs, gaps, observations and action points taken with the partners, and provide on the job training for the staff;
Review hygiene promotion and health awareness materials for staff training and IDP information, in conjunction with the WASH and Health team/ implementing partners;
Participate in the orientation of new staff with regards to projects and activities;
Coordinate and support the delivery of sector specific trainings for field staff
Other duties as might be assigned by immediate supervisor.
- In coordination with the line manager and technical advisors, provide technical inputs for the MEAL reports with regards to monitoring and accountability findings;
- Support and participate in coordination with the different stakeholders including (local community committees) to ensure appropriate technical and social interventions in order to secure outcome, impact and sustainability;
- Collaborate with MEAL team and line manager in establishing and supporting the implementation of context appropriate complaints and feedback mechanism in all operational areas.
- Coordinate with WASH and Health Technical Specialist about technical approaches. **
- Submit weekly updates and monthly quality control reports, field visit reports, and any other reports upon request by line manager, WASH and health Technical Advisors.
- Assist WASH and Health staff in reporting and planning for all WASH and Health activities;
- Preparation of cluster coordination reports e.g. 4Ws
- Assist in identifying, reporting and responding to existing and potential child protection threats affecting the children participating in the project activities.
- Comply fully and ensure partners compliance with WV’s Child Protection Policy and code of conduct.
- Any other duties might be assigned by Portfolio Manager or Operations Director.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Working experiences of at least 3 years in humanitarian sector, specific experience in WASH and Health project.
- Bachelor degree (preferably in Public Health, Medical Sciences, Health and Environmental Sciences)
- Excellent English and Arabic communication skills (both oral and written), Turkish knowledge is preferred
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Motivated to work in humanitarian field and grow professionally, eager and quick to learn
- Experience working on projects funded by international donors, preferably by ECHO, BHA, BPRM, and other private funding
- Familiar with core principles of Children’s Rights, Child Protection, Participation, and ‘Do No Harm.’
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Child Protection, Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
- Working knowledge of the logical framework approach.
This information notice was drafted by World Vision International (“WVI”) which resident at Kanberiye Mah. 875. Sokak Boss Plaza Kat:2 No :32 Haliliye/Şanlıurfa as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“**Law**”) and the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Fulfilling the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WVI shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WVI job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WVI directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WVI Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WVI.
You, as the data subject, may submit your request to WVI by post to WVI official address in writing or WVI e-mail address (.) to perform your rights under the Article 11 of the Law to WVI in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to the Data Controller.
How to apply
“If you meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via the below email, only applications submitted via our email are accepted, please mention the job title in your email “ Public Health Engineer**
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.