Quality and Safety Manager – Baghdad – Subject to Contract Award
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco are currently seeking a Quality and Safety Manager who will be responsible for the management and development of the Quality and Safety Program for the Iraqi Civil Aviation Authority (ICAA) ATS (Air Traffic Services).
- Development and management of the Quality and Safety Program for ICAA ATS and implementation of a Compliance Programme aligned to BACC (Baghdad Area Control Center) operational needs
- Coordination/ Management of the team of Safety & Standards officers ensuring alignment in delivery of the Programme
- Deliver and promote the values of Serco and ensure that all staff achieve and maintain all Safety & Standards in line with appropriate regulations
- Representation of Serco / ICAA at associated bodies, governing committees and regulatory organisations as required.
- Develop potential successors to ensure continuity of service.
- To develop Safety & Standards strategy and manage the ICAA SMS
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Tertiary level qualification in related operational field with further studies and or qualifications relevant to Safety & Standards
- Conversant with the requirements of all current relevant legislation.
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment an asset.
- Middle East experiences an asset.
- Ability to see problems as opportunities and to manage well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally and convey complex information in an easily understood format.
- Experience in the implementation and maintenance of a Quality/Standards and compliance programme.
- Operational experience with an Air Navigation Service Provider
- ATC operational experience in an area, approach or aerodrome environment.
- Experience in managing a department and its staff to meet targeted objectives.
- Experience in building strong relationships and positively influencing clients.
- Ability to manage, direct and motivate direct reports and frontline personnel.
Note: The position would require working in Baghdad and to live in a purpose built camp and due to security restrictions are not permitted to leave the Baghdad International Airport secure zone. Individuals should therefore possess the temperament to live and work within a closed community.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.