UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
UNICEF Supply Division in Copenhagen is seeking a highly motivated Accounts Associate to support the Accounting & Invoice Certification Unit.
For Every Child…Commitment
The position is placed in the Accounting and Invoice Certification Unit (AICU) of the Financial Management Centre (FMC) in UNICEF’s Supply Division. AICU is responsible for various accounting tasks, including warehouse accounting.
How Can You Make a Difference?
Reporting to Accounting Manager with the responsibility for the overall warehouse accounting and other accounting tasks performed by AICU, the position is responsible for ongoing, accurate and timely recording and analytical work related to but not limited to warehouse accounting.
- Processes, reviews and analyzes SAP transactions, payments and account balances mainly but not limited to the warehouse accounting area, identifies and initiates required adjustments;
- Processes invoices and other transactions in accordance with UNICEF’s Financial Rules and Regulations, and third party requirements.
- Processes, reviews and analyzes SAP transactions, payments and account balances for area of responsibility, identifies and initiates required adjustments. Performs financial accounting and analysis for the Unit using a MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
- Attends to queries by suppliers and other business units and follow up on outstanding issues by communicating in email and phone.
- Executes year-end and month-end accounting procedures and reconciliations relating to the area of responsibility;
- Designs and prepares financial reports for internal management and third parties, if required. Prepares exception and/or periodic reports, statements, schedules, summaries analysis and work papers relating to areas of warehouse accounting (and other areas as and if required);
- Monitors and ensures systems and reports comply with UNICEF’s Financial Rules and Regulations, and third-party requirements;
- Participates in the design, testing and implementation of new and revised systems relating to area of responsibility. Designs Excel spreadsheets to support the monitoring of special projects;
- Recommends system and process improvements identified during performance of duties and responsibilities;
- Contributes to the regular review of business processes and manuals, and divisional and centre procedures;
- Performs other ad hoc tasks in related areas as required and provides back up to support colleagues within the unit and other business units.
To qualify as a Champion for every Child you will have…
- Secondary school, including courses in accounting from a recognized commercial school.
- A minimum of Six (6) years of broad accounting experience.
- Experience in SAP financial modules or other ERP systems.
- Good knowledge of MS Office package, particularly Excel.
- Working experience in accounting.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Fluency in English.
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residence permit as such an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF
- University level courses in accounting, business or finance.
- Accounting qualification in ACCA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent diplomas in accounting, business administration, financial management, economics or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in the areas of project management and systems development would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of month-end reporting processes.
- Proficiency in another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
- Experience working in an international/ governmental (non-profit) organization.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- To view our competency framework, please visit here.
- Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies
Core competencies (Level I)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Drive to achieve impactful results
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
Functional competencies (Level II)
- Applying technical expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
The closing date is 14 July 2021. Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF’s online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by creating your profile, and application at our web site: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index.php. Kindly note that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. Kindly also note that diversity and gender balance are factors in the selection process.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.