AAH: Action Against Hunger
The MEAL Officer will support the design of M&E system/framework, implement and analyze the metrics for Action Against Hunger Somalia projects to assess the impact and quality in support of project design, implementation and reporting. The projects need to align to the Core Humanitarian standards as well as Action Against Hunger internal rules and regulations.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Assist the Head of Departments and MEAL department with the development of a robust M&E Plan for the project, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing MEAL and/ performance monitoring plans that will ensure tracking of project/program results at different level (outputs, outcomes, and impact).
- Develop and disseminate relevant M&E tools, systems, procedures, formats, and dashboards.
- Lead role in overseeing data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy.
- Ensure appropriate training and supportive supervision of all partners in monitoring and evaluation procedures, data collection tools, and data management practices in alignment with the MEAL Plan.
- Support the preparation and review of regular program reports in collaboration with program staff.
- Work closely with partners to establish and implement their internal MEAL systems, M&E plans, and data quality management.
- Conduct and manage Routine Data Quality Assessments (RDQA) and implement corrective actions to improve data quality and accountability of staff and partners.
- Create a learning agenda and implement a system designed to identify lessons learned and disseminate timely information; and produce learning products.
- Review, Compilation and submission of all Monthly activity Progress reports (Qualitative and quantitative APRs for all sectors), and ensure all projects have an APR template at the start of each grant
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities on international development projects.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, use of ICT for M&E, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Proven success in designing, implementing and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Excellent management, communication (oral presentation and written) and organizational skills; flexibility and ability to multi-task.
- Fluency in English and Somali is required
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com you saw this job posting.